March 29, 2024, 06:17:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MacOS BigSur - Audiofuse Control Center not working properly (CPU 100%)  (Read 3024 times)

mikehunter

• Apprentice
Hello,

the Audiofuse Control Center is not working properly with MacOS Big Sur 10.11.1
when opening the App it peaks up to 99-100% System usage.  the macbook fans ran up to full speed.
if i close the app its still active in Activity monitor with sucking up 100% CPU. 
When i open it again i have two instances of the AFCC at 100% and then three.. and so on...

i reproduced this on a macbook pro (2015) aswell as on a macbook air 2014.  De- and Re-installing
the latest version of the AFCC did not solve the problem

Any Fix or Beta for this?   right now the control center is unusable for me

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: MacOS BigSur - Audiofuse Control Center not working properly (CPU 100%)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 04:19:59 pm »
Hi
As far as i know no arturia software is compatible yet with big sur,   not seen any updates my side yet.
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

mikehunter

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 09:59:31 am »
Hi
As far as i know no arturia software is compatible yet with big sur,   not seen any updates my side yet.

me neither, thats why i´m asking ;-)

I still dont understand why arturia hasnt provided any yet..  or even a workaround.

MacOS Big Sur Beta is available for Software-Developers since 5 months, to adjust software to make their products work!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 10:02:26 am by mikehunter »

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 11:14:06 am »
Hi,

The AFCC is not compatible with MacOS BigSur at the moment.
We are working on it but this will take some time.

As usual, for any new MacOS version and especially for this one, we recommend you to wait our official communication before upgrading.

Thanks.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 12:23:13 pm »
Hello,

the Audiofuse Control Center is not working properly with MacOS Big Sur 10.11.1

Why did you upgrade the OS without first checking that the apps you need to use are ready and compatible? I guess you'll learn from your mistake.

I still dont understand why arturia hasnt provided any yet..  or even a workaround.

MacOS Big Sur Beta is available for Software-Developers since 5 months, to adjust software to make their products work!
Not sure whether you've noticed but there's a pandemic on and things are a bit behind.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 12:25:41 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

mikehunter

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 03:04:57 pm »

Why did you upgrade the OS without first checking that the apps you need to use are ready and compatible? I guess you'll learn from your mistake.

what do you mean with "learn from my mistake"?  I didnt do a mistake.
MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1 is a great OS - everything works fine over here, except the AFCC.
I´m not holding back on updating an Operating System with many new features, security fixes and performance increases
just because ONE app is not working.  Going back to Catalina is not an Option. Like i wrote before, BigSur is out for Developer since 5 months,
i think its not a crime to ask, when a software fix can be expected.
Not sure whether you've noticed but there's a pandemic on and things are a bit behind.

Please keep your smugly hint to yourself, its not helping. Yes, i "noticed" there is a pandemic.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 03:50:48 pm by mikehunter »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 04:09:02 pm »

what do you mean with "learn from my mistake"?  I didnt do a mistake.
MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1 is a great OS - everything works fine over here, except the AFCC.
I´m not holding back on updating an Operating System with many new features, security fixes and performance increases
just because ONE app is not working.  Going back to Catalina is not an Option. Like i wrote before, BigSur is out for Developer since 5 months,
i think its not a crime to ask, when a software fix can be expected.

Please keep your smugly hint to yourself, its not helping. Yes, i "noticed" there is a pandemic.
Fine well if it's not an issue you'll just have to wait patiently for the update, which I'm sure is imminent.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

emilio_n

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2021, 05:53:22 pm »

Fine well if it's not an issue you'll just have to wait patiently for the update, which I'm sure is imminent.
[/quote]

How imminent? Not only Big Sur is outside for the developers for more than 8 months but Apple only sells their computers with Big Sur pre-installed with no possibility to back to previous OS versions.
Any info about when the drivers will be ready? In my case, I am with an Intel machine but I am planning to update to an Apple Silicon soon.

Thanks.

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
Hi emilio_n,

The AFCC BigSur compatible have been released few weeks ago.
You can download it on https://www.arturia.com/products/audio/audiofuse-8pre/resources or from the ASC.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines