March 28, 2024, 07:58:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I hate the KSP now  (Read 11982 times)

psienide

Re: I hate the KSP now
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2020, 02:04:45 am »
Then they should close all technical pages. The people posting here for help and they aren‘t getting any.

This is obviously more of an end-user community forum.
People posting to technical issues stubs are asking the community. Not Arturia tech support. I have assisted users with quite a few issues personally, and if something seems wrong or outside my realm, I will tell the user to contact support.

This is what you should be doing for these issues instead of lazily ranting. Have you put in a single ticket with support yet?

0x80

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2021, 07:24:06 pm »
I'm also pretty shocked to find out how bad Arturia is at making firmware. I left my KSP sitting in a box because I read it was buggy and missing some essential features I was expecting it to have. I come back almost a year later to find out that the thing is still full of bugs  >:(

I sat with it for 3 evenings and every evening I reached one or more occasions where I had to restart the unit because it was stuck on some weird behavior. I bought this device primarily to have a simple hands-on playable live thing, but that requires it to be super reliable otherwise it's useless to me.

Sorry Arturia but I don't think I will purchase one of your devices again.

PS: Can you please make the verification letters so they are readable? FFS

BigFknRobots

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2021, 01:11:57 pm »
PS: Can you please make the verification letters so they are readable? FFS

It's not just me!

I had to click the audio button!
Works wayyyy better

ModGrip

• Apprentice
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2021, 09:05:42 pm »
Mine worked great from day one and is a really intuitive and creative piece of hardware.

Love it.

Global transpose would have been great because now I have to buy a NDLR.

tartpop

• Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2021, 12:11:33 am »
Mine worked great from day one and is a really intuitive and creative piece of hardware.

Love it.

I just looked up the NDLR and wow, yeah, now I need to buy one too!

ModGrip

• Apprentice
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2021, 10:10:55 am »
Haha.

Sorry to off GAS on you 👍

Xinod

• Apprentice
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2021, 11:03:17 am »
I hate it too. Completely uninspiring, unreliable and weak in its functionality, at least in this moment in time.

ernotronic

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2021, 06:10:38 pm »
I'm really disturbed by the harm you're causing your users community by releasing this PIECE OF SHIT. I have never seen something like this. I can't enter a normal sequence. Even basic operations are not working. WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO YOUR USERS COMMUNITY? WHY????

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2021, 07:16:25 pm »
I'm really disturbed by the harm you're causing your users community by releasing this PIECE OF SHIT. I have never seen something like this. I can't enter a normal sequence. Even basic operations are not working. WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO YOUR USERS COMMUNITY? WHY????

Please be patient.  I know it has been a long while and we are all frustrated, but good things are coming. 

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2021, 09:17:06 am »

Love it.

Hello.
Global transpose is part of the next update.
The next update will be released mid/late April.
Best
Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

dct

• Apprentice
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2021, 10:48:20 am »
Many users are waiting for the 2.0 update. Glad it is only a matter of weeks now. It would help keeping the mood up, if Arturia would publish asap the release notes, with expected new functionalities and bugfixes.
Keys: CX-3 II, Grandmother, Keystep Pro, Zen Delay

Pure Mint

• Apprentice
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2021, 10:37:22 am »
Is this accurate?  I am about to buy a KSP to control a modular rack, but reading this it seems that people are really frustrated with it.  Yet I watch YouTube videos and it seems to work fairly well (e.g. Loopop, 11 months ago, notes a couple of missed notes, usually on beat 1, but otherwise looks really good).

Reading these comments above, it would seem that nothing works, and is that really the case?  I appreciate that some things like global transpose, recording arps etc. is not currently implemented, and hope they will be, but before i hit the 'buy' button can someone honestly tell me if this is just grumpiness or genuinely a product that doesn't work at its fundamental basic level.

Also if anyone can post what are the likely bug fixes for 2.0 that would be great.  Thanks

TinyVince

• Apprentice
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2021, 02:03:30 pm »
He works. Not perfect with a lot of missing features that other arturia sequencer units have implementated.
In some cases much better but with a few bugs or issue you know. You should it not regret it to buy.
I´ve heard the v2 firmware shouldn't be long in coming .

Like my KSP but sometimes reconnect my BSP additional.

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2021, 10:25:14 pm »
Is this accurate?  I am about to buy a KSP to control a modular rack, but reading this it seems that people are really frustrated with it. 

It's accurate but it does depend on how you use the KSP how much you are affected (I like Lopop but that review was misleading as are most such reviews).  Also note that the KSP was in much worse shape initially with common hardware lockups, MCC destroying of projects, etc. which is why many of us are going to be far less forgiving of Arturia's mis-steps.  The KSP was released in an early alpha state which is not cool. 

To my knowledge the biggest outstanding bugs as of today are that the arpeggiator does not work properly and that step record routinely stops working.   How important are those features to you?

My suggestion would be to wait until the next firmware lands and you see owner (not professional "reviewer") feedback before pulling the trigger.     

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2021, 10:16:12 am »
Buy it and if it doesn't meet your needs return it (in new condition of course). Most countries have trading regulations allowing you to do this.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines