March 28, 2024, 01:10:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I hate the KSP now  (Read 11979 times)

Jan Juno

• Apprentice
I hate the KSP now
« on: November 08, 2020, 03:44:37 pm »
I come to the conclusion that i love the idea of the product, but i hate the execution of it. I come so far with this product but this problem got me now: Now i want to record a simple bassline, everytime i record it records on 16 instead of 1. So i am always before??!?! I also can't rely on 1 bar ahead record buffer or i play 64 steps and wait to play on 1 which also placed my note on 16. I am not a good piano player but i come from the old mpc 2000 days and i know how to play on point for record and it is off.

This is a unusable piece of s**t. I can't rely on it. Hey Arturia i hope reading this, i really do.

To explain how i feel: So imagine i bought a guitar and want to play it. So the creator of this guitar says to me sorry the fingerboard metal strips are missing you can 't play notes for now, we will deliver this later in an update. So in this case i can not use my guitar but the creator got all the money for his promise that it can. Arturia what is this? I come to the conclusion that i pay upfront for a piece of "It could" that will be fixed "sometime". Please explain this. I can sell you cars without engine?

My Problems so far:

- The metronome sucks and isn't in sync what you recorded in my case every time 1 step behind, it will be recorded on 16
- Midi Channel changing is a disaster and unusable for live purpose, why so complicated? Really WHY? (You guys did it well on BSP, do you guys talk with each other in dev phase?)
- Since a firmware update the ksp won't start, need several attempts
- Shutdown / Comeback doesn't work always need to select the project and tracks again
- Note On/Off Reverse not fixed
- No Global Transposition like promised in commercials
- No Saving of ARPs not even in the first update
- Crashes sometimes
- Check the forum is full of bugs
- And last of All, NOT BEING TRANSPARENT AT ALL

The last point bugs me the most, the totally intransparency in your development process? Really? Sometimes some dudes come here writes something in terms of: "Will be fixed" and then it is not. We hear nothing, i know why, you already got your money. You don't care thats why.

psienide

Re: I hate the KSP now
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 10:41:28 pm »
Totally agree with the sentiments here. Everyone who pays attention to these forums can see that Arturia seems to release great  product ideas that just fall short in multiple ways. Then they leave you hanging for months or years without any resolution. Look at the MatrixBrute as a primary example. I continue to buy these products unfortunately. I keep thinking that they will wise up and listen to their fans and address these things. But it's always too little too late.

I most recently purchased the KSP and while I don't yet have the same gripes, I'm expecting that any I do find I will just have to live with forever. I had the same experience with the minibrute2s. The sequencer implementation has a few painful bugs that I have griped about here in the forum multiple times and there is no acknowledgement ever by anyone from their staff. Perhaps the forums are just for unaddressed ramblings by pissed off fans. KSP will probably be my last hardware purchase from Arturia.

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 06:59:40 pm »
As long as people keep purchasing these products Arturia will keep using their customers as unpaid alpha testers.

I have purchased three Arturia products - a Microbrute, a Beatstep Pro and the Keystep Pro.  The Keystep Pro will be the last Arturia product I purchase without extensive user feedback showing the device functionally works and I most certainly will not purchase an Arturia product anywhere near launch. 

I also no longer trust any of the outlets that posted or continue to post positive reviews of the KSP.  Engadget I expect shameless shilling ("a near perfect midi controller for hardware synth fans") from but I am extremely disappointed in Sound On Sound for not being more upfront.  The number of Youtube reviews skipping over fundamental issues affecting the KSP is especially disappointing.

Thanks to the Keystep Pro I now view Arturia now as equivalent to Behringer.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 01:29:57 pm »
Everyone who pays attention to these forums can see that Arturia seems to release great  product ideas that just fall short in multiple ways. Then they leave you hanging for months or years without any resolution. Look at the MatrixBrute as a primary example.
My personal opinion is they have fingers in too many pies and instead of being master of one trade they have become jack of all. Once upon a time, all they made were VSTs, and they did it very well. You could argue they were market leaders in that field. Then one day they perhaps felt they had to broaden their horizons when the market changed and people drifted back towards hardware. But what they seem to do is launch some new toy, throw resources at patching firmware bugs for say the first six weeks, then any bugs still needing fixed have to fight with the rest of their hardware/software for resource-time while their programmers concentrate on delivering the next under-developed new toy.

Not sure why i'm typing this because any Arturia employees who will read it and silently agree with me don't have the power to change company strategy, and those who have the power to change company strategy won't read it.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

al80

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 10:33:44 am »
90% ksp pro is the last product i am buying  from arturia.never seen so many bugs on a product.

Jan Juno

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 01:54:07 pm »
It seems i am not the only one.

Think of that you are a company creating tools and software for musicians. When you look back at Moog, Roland, Akai and so on they have created devices still loved and used today. Legend Machines like MPC, Model D and so on. My goal would be to bring that company in that field. But you can only do that with a product that delivers the promise you give for it. Arturia isn't doing that. i feel as an Alpha tester to find bugs they won't search for.

As an UX Designer always checking flows and functionality with the background of marketing and CX. What Arturia does in their field is so unbelievable wrong.

bdrank

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 10:09:00 pm »
When you look back at Moog, Roland, Akai and so on they have created devices still loved and used today. Legend Machines like MPC, Model D and so on.

The original keystep is the most popular midi keyboard of all time..

I'd also like to see bugs fixed and simple intuitive features added, which should have been there in the first place, like being able to record chord memory into the sequencer. Keep in mind Arturia has a lot of products they're doing support & development on.

I'm looking forward to the next update, and I hope it's soon, but calling it an unusable piece of shit isn't true. You can always sell it.

psienide

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 12:52:54 am »
but calling it an unusable piece of shit isn't true

Ahem.

Perspective is important here. If the poster bought it because of the promises of global transpose, for instance, it would definitely be unusable. And now everyone knowing it does less than claimed as well as not excelling at the things it is supposed to do, street value suffers.

bdrank

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 03:49:32 am »
I agree global tranpose is a simple feature that should have been there in the first place.

Street value isn't suffering. Look at recent going prices on reverb and ebay..

The "unusable pieces of shit" are going for $350 second hand.

psienide

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2020, 04:10:40 am »
Street value isn't suffering. Look at recent going prices on reverb and ebay..

The "unusable pieces of shit" are going for $350 second hand.

Either all of the used items sold right away or you're just lying to prop up your favorite capitalist instrument maker. I don't see any used KSP on reverb or ebay currently. Not an offer below $399. Care to share a screenshot of your claim there? 

There are tons of new offers on both and no used offers. Maybe a testament to people just not buying the damned thing after all the bad reviews.

bdrank

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 04:33:50 am »
Huh? I said look at listings which have sold..Ebay sold listings, Reverb's price guide.

Carney#12

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2020, 02:31:22 am »
It's the most frustrating piece of music hardware I've ever purchased, and I agree with you completely about the prerelease hype youtuber reviews.
Several reviewers really showed who they are by trying to polish this turd and destroyed any credibility I thought they had. I'm never ordering ANY music gear pre-release again.

Lessons learned.

spnc

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2020, 08:06:51 am »
It's the most important industrial disaster in the world of electronic music instruments yet to be seen.

Meanwhile Arturia CEO is happily showing off he's stealing your money on YouTube responding to interviews on how Arturia is great blablabla

Jan Juno

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2020, 09:32:38 pm »
Regarding maintaining all the hardware. Don't produce them in the first place or finish the product you promised. Is that easy. It is a piece of hardware but it is the software i can't rely on, thats whats bugs me, this can be fixed and it isn't for months now.

So now i want to step record. You should see me. i play 64 steps, step by step, slowly to make sure i played right and even that isn't working properly. it will skip notes completely it is a total mess.

Carney#12

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2020, 11:33:08 pm »

So now i want to step record. You should see me. i play 64 steps, step by step, slowly to make sure i played right and even that isn't working properly. it will skip notes completely it is a total mess.

Yeah. We bought a step sequencer that doesn't work properly. It's that cut and dry.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines