March 28, 2024, 09:31:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Screen saver not working  (Read 1468 times)

cjunekim

Screen saver not working
« on: May 06, 2021, 04:06:14 pm »
Hello

My firmware is the latest 2.0.0. The screen saver hasn't been working for a year since I bought this. I contacted the customer service several times and they confirmed the bug and promised to fix it in the next firmware release, but it never happened.

I can change the screen saver time and save it. But without touching anything of the keystep pro, it doesn't go in to the sleep mode after any amount of time. What I expect is all the LEDS getting turned off. I experimented with the USB connected to the computer, or as a standalone, but all failed.

Vegas mode is working without an issue.

Does your keystep pro go to sleep after the designated time?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 04:08:03 pm by cjunekim »

synthcreep

• Apprentice
Re: Screen saver not working
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 06:38:08 pm »
To my knowledge "screensaver" just refers to the OLED screen as that will have a more finite life than the LEDs. I have not checked recently but the screensaver worked before I turned it off after the 1.3.2 firmware update.

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 07:29:45 pm »
To my knowledge "screensaver" just refers to the OLED screen as that will have a more finite life than the LEDs. I have not checked recently but the screensaver worked before I turned it off after the 1.3.2 firmware update.

This is correct.  OLED screen turns off.  Disabling Vegas mode will stop with the showing off of the leds (dancing around), but they LED never actually turn right off.

cjunekim

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 02:46:13 pm »
Wow! You are right. I never thought screen saver meant "screen" only. This is so funny. I expected all the LEDs turning off -- since I was also worried about their life expectancy.

Thank you all for this enlightenment!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines