April 25, 2024, 03:32:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Stuck notes STILL EXIST in latest KeyLab firmware update FW 1.2.4  (Read 6679 times)

alexandre124

Re: Stuck notes STILL EXIST in latest KeyLab firmware update FW 1.2.4
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2022, 08:16:48 pm »
By "stuck notes" do you mean that they don't work? Cause I am having an issue where one D and one A# out of 2 don't work, over the whole keyboard. It's really bad for a premium keyboard.

MRyan69

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2022, 04:45:13 am »
+1 for this issue...just got the KL61 MKII today and noticed the issue within 5 minutes of messing around with Analog Lab V.

I have the KL61 plugged into a USB port on the back of my LG USB-C monitor.  MacBook Air M1 w/macOS Monterey.

No power supply on the KL61 itself.  Lastest firmware.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2022, 12:59:37 pm »
+1 for this issue...just got the KL61 MKII today and noticed the issue within 5 minutes of messing around with Analog Lab V.

I have the KL61 plugged into a USB port on the back of my LG USB-C monitor.  MacBook Air M1 w/macOS Monterey.

No power supply on the KL61 itself.  Lastest firmware.

Plugging it into a USB socket in the back of a monitor is frankly asking for trouble. They're really only designed for mice and keyboards, or something similar requiring really low power.

With the latest firmware installed, in nearly all remaining instances this is being caused by the USB host not supplying enough power to the controller. If plugging it directly into you Mac still doesn't cure it, try powering it with an external barrel power supply, 9-12V DC capable of delivering 1A.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

peet

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2022, 08:09:07 pm »
 +1 here

Keylab MKII 61
Firmware 1.3.1
on Windows 10

Using it for over a Year now. I always used the regular MIDI OUT on it, so recognized the problem pretty late, when I played arround with some MIDI scripts.

Was switching from 5pin MIDI-Out to USB-MIDI, because the keyboard stopped sending MIDI after sometime (after maybe 5- 20min) and only worked again, when reconnecting. It doesnt turn off, you just hear the Windows-sound for disconnected USB-devices (mostly 2 times: first for the control section and second for the keys).
So I just tried only USB, bc who knows?
(I think it has something to do with the Vegas-/Sleepmode, because it appears that it happend quicker when I don't actively use the keyboard for a while, maybe also in combination with a buggy FL Studio Script [the official one], but it won't change when I turn it off... will test it some more).

This problem aside, regular MIDI is working just fine.

On the other hand USB-MIDI is on my keyboard kind of a mess. I got stuck notes (no note off signal is sent) and more frequently: missing notes, when playing more than one note.

I tried powering the Keyboard via USB with the Ground Loop Adapter and different USB-Chargers (old one with 5V-1A & newer one 5V-3A/9V-2A/12V-1.5A).
USB-powersaving plan on Windows is disabled. Powersaving in general is disabled.
Tried different USB-cables, different lengths, different brands and different combinations. Connected it with the PC via USB 3.0 and/or 3.1.
Same problems everytime.

So I tried an optional power supply (an universal power supply with the right polarity. I tested it on 9V and 12V with 3A.
still the same problems. Maybe there were a fewer stuck notes, but it is hard to replicate it evenly. Oh yeah, and I checked the power supply with a multimeter, just to be sure.

I did a reset to factory settings before i try all this.

I didn't test the keyboard on another system (mine is kind of old: AMD 1800x on a Asrock motherboard), but will do it til end of the week.

I attached an example of a MIDI recording (in FL Studio) where I recorded USB-MIDI and regular MIDI at the same time. I moved one two octaves lower to show the missing and stuck notes over a period of 50secs.

First I thought it's a power problem, because the more keys I press the higher is the chance of 1 (or sometimes 2) stuck notes, but with all the combinations for power supply i think it's still a software issue or a general flaw in the usb connection?

I don't know. Some people find a solution, some people don't. I wish there was an explanation for this...
It's a huge bummer, when you pay 500 bucks for this trouble.

jgale

• Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2022, 05:10:31 pm »
+1 here

Keylab MKII 61
Firmware 1.3.1

Brand new unit plugging into my Kronos 88 via USB - I get stuck notes. Seems to work fine using the Midi Din connector.

I've tried:

- Different USB Cables
- Powering the unit off of a wall Cube
- Disabling Vegas Mode and Set Low Power to on.

I'm going to open a ticket with Arturia...

John

jgale

• Apprentice
Re: Stuck notes STILL EXIST in latest KeyLab firmware update FW 1.3.1
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2022, 11:29:06 pm »
Hi,

*This is with Firmware 1.3.1*

I found a workaround for stuck on midi notes that worked for me.

I have my MKII plugged in via USB to my Kronos and was getting Midi notes stuck on.  I added a small cheap UNPOWERED USB hub and it fixed the issue. You can purchase the one I used on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L2442H0?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I'm not sure - but I believe that for some people the issue is a result of power and they need to use the wall cube or a powered USB hub.

For others like me, it may be a timing issue on slower USB 2.0 host devices and adding the USB hub adds a little delay which allows the host to digest the data.  I'm not sure - just a guess...

I have a ticket open with Arturia.  They are trying to blow me off - but I will keep pushing.  Everyone with this issue needs to open a ticket so we can get them to fix this. All of my other controllers work fine with no issues.  It is an issue with their design or firmware.

John
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 11:32:31 pm by jgale »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines