March 28, 2024, 09:42:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Stuck notes STILL EXIST in latest KeyLab firmware update FW 1.2.4  (Read 6469 times)

Rik-The-Mix

I was so happy to finally see a Firmware update from FW 1.1.3 to FW 1.2.4 which states in the Bug Fixes that the stuck notes issue has been fixed. Sadly I can report this is not the case. I'm still getting stuck-on notes using MIDI out of the USB connection into Logic.

So, back to the workaround which is to use the 5-Pin MIDI connection which doesn't suffer with the problem. Remember to turn off USB MIDI in inside your DAW's preferences.

I'm expecting a complete fix soon Arturia... please!

TimWellens

• Apprentice
Re: Stuck notes STILL EXIST in latest KeyLab firmware update FW 1.2.4
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 03:24:37 pm »
I can confirm,stuck note here too! Strange thing is  that I only have this problem in USER mode,not in Analog Lab or DAW mode.
Setup : Analog Lab Mode midi CH1
            DAW mode midi CH1
             USER mode has always been on midi ch2 but since this morning the note D always hangs.When I change USER mode to midi ch3 the problem is fixed.Very strange that the midi messes up as I don’t have any other equipment apart from the KeyLab 61mkII and an Apollo Twin X.

Furio2

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 11:34:17 pm »
I just tested with my system.
With all my surprise I was not able to get only one stuck note in 3 hours of wild playing!
I have a new much powerful notebook, so I had to install everything new: all my hosts (Reaper and Cantabile) and Arturia USB driver which is quite new.
To me this seems the most important piece of software, it was already getting better, this last one seems perfect.
Then I upgraded firmware of Keylab mkII 61 (1.2.4).
Now everything seems extremely solid, I tried in every way to make my system fail: no way.
I am so happy!!!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 11:36:52 pm by Furio2 »

junogoose

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 01:41:18 am »
Just got the Mkii a few days ago. I can only comment on the new (1.2.4) firmware, as I immediately updated the unit before a note was played. Notes stuck within a minute of playing.

As evident from numerous posts throughout the model's history:
1) This is pervasive
2) This is ongoing
3) This is a problem.

I'd wait for a fix, but it's apparent that strategy doesn't work. I'll soon be selling this off to the next victim.

jaybee6244

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 10:14:57 am »
Hi all,

I've just received a replacement Keylab Essential 61 unit from Arturia under warranty. I suffered stuck/hanging notes on the new unit almost immediately. I'm using the supplied USB cable for power and MIDI connectivity.

Looking over the various threads, this seems to be a common issue. My question is; does this relate ONLY to the KeyLab ESSENTIAL range, or does it also affect the KeyLab MKII units?
Is the issue solved by using the MIDI DIN connectivity?

It would be good to have my expectations set, and I can decide if I need to get a controller from another manufacturer (NI or Novation maybe).

Thanks

James

MarkyHealy

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 01:11:41 am »
I seem to be having this issue also - stuck notes at the low end....

I have updated firmware but to no avail...

any help Arturia? I need to solve this problem fairly sharpish.... using logic pro x
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 01:21:40 am by MarkyHealy »

Dystopic_Tranquility

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 09:48:41 pm »
Hi, I am too here waiting for the fix.

I just tested on Presonus Studio One,

I use  Keylab MkII as an external device.

The problem seems to be when playing with the block size set to 4098 or 8192, a note is getting stucked and keeps repeating until I close the DAW.

When playing with the block size set to 32 or 64 it seems that it gives you a lower chance to encounter the same problem.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 11:27:00 pm by Dystopic_Tranquility »

taocayo

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2021, 01:08:30 am »
I was experiencing this same issue but I found out that in my case it was related to using USB2 ports in my desktop PC. After switching the KeyLab to USB3 ports in my PC, and on my Surface Pro 7, the missing/stuck notes issue went completely away (I've been using it for over a week now). I have a Keylab 61 MkII with firmware 1.2.4.

Hope this helps someone else.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 01:10:37 am by taocayo »

SeeGee

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2021, 08:31:59 am »
I'm experiencing this myself.  I received my KLII 88 a few days ago, and had enough dropped notes/Key Offs so as to make it unplayable, in addition to the device sometimes being unable to even be enumerated on the USB bus. I updated the firmware to 1.2.4, and while it's much improved, the dropped notes/Key Offs are still noticeably present.  I also switched from USB MIDI to running 5-pin DIN cables to my MOTU M4 interface, which improved things further, but again still did not completely eliminate the problem.  I don't experience a single dropped event when putting my 32 year-old Yamaha SY-77 through the M4 over the same cables, so I'm reasonably sure it's an Arturia issue.  When using the KeyLab II, running Reaper and FLStudio doesn't make a difference - events are missed in both packages with equal frequency.  For reference, I'm running on a 32 GB system under Windows 10.  All USB cables have been demonstrated to work fine with other devices, and USBView shows information that looks good.

Edit: USB is going in through a port on the machine's motherboard, not through a hub.

It's been a pretty disappointing experience that's kind of soured me on the idea of any further Arturia hardware purchases.  As a professional embedded firmware coder myself, my initial thought was that perhaps it was a USB issue, but given that there are still lost events over the 5-pin jacks going to a known working USB MIDI interface, I'm inclined to think there are still issues within the KeyLab II firmware itself.  It's been close to a year since the last firmware update - does anyone know if there are there any plans for another anytime soon?  If not, I may have to consider returning the instrument, because I can't just eat a thousand bucks for a device that has doesn't work reliably.  I think the only troubleshooting step I have left is to put the device on a stable bench power supply (instead of USB) and determine if the lost messages still occur over the 5-pin ports.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 08:34:30 am by SeeGee »

SeeGee

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2021, 02:17:00 pm »
An update - after putting the KeyLab on a solid 12V 10A external supply, the issues appear to have been completely resolved, and the unit no longer drops any events on either USB MIDI or external MIDI.  Looks like 1.2.4 does in fact fix the "stuck notes" problem, but there's still a potential for problems since the KeyLab could possibly need a bit more current than the USB port is supplying.  At least, that seems to be the case on my hardware.

Interestingly, the USB configuration descriptor that USBView shows for the KeyLab II has a MaxPower value (0x32) that corresponds to 100 mA of current, which seems awfully low for something that has this many LEDs on it.  In any event, if someone reading this is still experiencing dropped/stuck notes after updating their firmware to 1.2.4, try putting your KeyLab on an external power supply that can provide a couple of amps of current.  The manual specifies 1.0A, but it won't hurt to be able to give it a bit more if needed.

AndyD

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2022, 04:05:44 am »
I am getting stuck notes on my Keylab Essential 88 using the USB output as my midi connection. I switched to using a midi cable into the midi input of my Focurite 8i6 and a seperate power supply and the problem no longer exists. My suspician is that the problem is NOT with the keyboard but with my computer.

Horisonten

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2022, 06:57:41 am »
I just had to register to this forum to let others know that I'm a +1 with stuck notes still happening with the latest firmware. Pretty disappointed that it only took me 2 days to stumble across this issue. It is surely a show stopper for serious use of the Keylab mk2... It renders it useless for live performances to say the least.

I've also tried it with an external 9V 1A power supply, but no change.

Phunkease

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2022, 09:58:03 pm »
I am having the same issues with my KeyLab 61 MK2 and am using a power supply as well, with the latest firmware update.

Horisonten

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2022, 11:34:08 am »
I am having the same issues with my KeyLab 61 MK2 and am using a power supply as well, with the latest firmware update.
I may have fixed my issue. It seems like it for now at least. Can you try with another usb cable? And also try to plug it in without anything else plugged in to usb connectors close to it.

I haven't had the hanging notes after doing both those things. I'm not sure which solved it, but I have a suspicion that the Keylab is not getting enough power when It is connected to a usb port that shares it power delivery with other ports close by...

I'm currently using the included Ground adapter to always ensure that I feed the input with a steady 1A through a usb charger...

DJ_Dizzle

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2022, 02:39:43 am »
June 2022 - MKii just arrived in the mail from Amazon. Stuck keys multiple times within 1 minute right out of the box. USB to Mac mini M1; using LogicPro w Omnisphere.

I don't want an unnecessarily complicated extra midi cable setup. I want it to work like other keyboards.

I am not yet invested in this thing. Should I just send it back to Amazon?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines