April 11, 2021, 02:06:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Stuck notes STILL EXIST in latest KeyLab firmware update FW 1.2.4  (Read 721 times)

Rik-The-Mix

I was so happy to finally see a Firmware update from FW 1.1.3 to FW 1.2.4 which states in the Bug Fixes that the stuck notes issue has been fixed. Sadly I can report this is not the case. I'm still getting stuck-on notes using MIDI out of the USB connection into Logic.

So, back to the workaround which is to use the 5-Pin MIDI connection which doesn't suffer with the problem. Remember to turn off USB MIDI in inside your DAW's preferences.

I'm expecting a complete fix soon Arturia... please!

TimWellens

• Apprentice
Re: Stuck notes STILL EXIST in latest KeyLab firmware update FW 1.2.4
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 03:24:37 pm »
I can confirm,stuck note here too! Strange thing is  that I only have this problem in USER mode,not in Analog Lab or DAW mode.
Setup : Analog Lab Mode midi CH1
            DAW mode midi CH1
             USER mode has always been on midi ch2 but since this morning the note D always hangs.When I change USER mode to midi ch3 the problem is fixed.Very strange that the midi messes up as I donít have any other equipment apart from the KeyLab 61mkII and an Apollo Twin X.

Furio2

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 11:34:17 pm »
I just tested with my system.
With all my surprise I was not able to get only one stuck note in 3 hours of wild playing!
I have a new much powerful notebook, so I had to install everything new: all my hosts (Reaper and Cantabile) and Arturia USB driver which is quite new.
To me this seems the most important piece of software, it was already getting better, this last one seems perfect.
Then I upgraded firmware of Keylab mkII 61 (1.2.4).
Now everything seems extremely solid, I tried in every way to make my system fail: no way.
I am so happy!!!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 11:36:52 pm by Furio2 »

junogoose

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 01:41:18 am »
Just got the Mkii a few days ago. I can only comment on the new (1.2.4) firmware, as I immediately updated the unit before a note was played. Notes stuck within a minute of playing.

As evident from numerous posts throughout the model's history:
1) This is pervasive
2) This is ongoing
3) This is a problem.

I'd wait for a fix, but it's apparent that strategy doesn't work. I'll soon be selling this off to the next victim.

jaybee6244

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 10:14:57 am »
Hi all,

I've just received a replacement Keylab Essential 61 unit from Arturia under warranty. I suffered stuck/hanging notes on the new unit almost immediately. I'm using the supplied USB cable for power and MIDI connectivity.

Looking over the various threads, this seems to be a common issue. My question is; does this relate ONLY to the KeyLab ESSENTIAL range, or does it also affect the KeyLab MKII units?
Is the issue solved by using the MIDI DIN connectivity?

It would be good to have my expectations set, and I can decide if I need to get a controller from another manufacturer (NI or Novation maybe).

Thanks

James

MarkyHealy

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 01:11:41 am »
I seem to be having this issue also - stuck notes at the low end....

I have updated firmware but to no avail...

any help Arturia? I need to solve this problem fairly sharpish.... using logic pro x
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 01:21:40 am by MarkyHealy »

Dystopic_Tranquility

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 09:48:41 pm »
Hi, I am too here waiting for the fix.

I just tested on Presonus Studio One,

I use  Keylab MkII as an external device.

The problem seems to be when playing with the block size set to 4098 or 8192, a note is getting stucked and keeps repeating until I close the DAW.

When playing with the block size set to 32 or 64 it seems that it gives you a lower chance to encounter the same problem.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 11:27:00 pm by Dystopic_Tranquility »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines