April 25, 2024, 08:32:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Anymore updates coming?  (Read 2257 times)

collincrowe

• Apprentice
Anymore updates coming?
« on: November 02, 2020, 06:20:01 am »
I still really really wanna believe the ksp has the potential to be the best sequencing hardware but there’s still lots of bugs & desired features . Anybody else feelin kinda bummed / less inspired ? :-\

Mainly :
-weird note priority if punching in notes to replace what’s existing (original keystep does a great job at this, do does korg volcas and other devices)

-literally everyone wants global transpose,there’s some promo video where the guy globally transposes all the tracks on keystep pro

-ability to record notes from chord mode & potentially arpeggiators

-might be just me but quantize mode is inaccurate and maybe there are clock/synchroniczation/ accuracy  issues for a lot of people 

al80

Re: Anymore updates coming?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 11:02:25 am »
I have asked for global transpose since day 1..they said they will implement it but nothing so far .i really don't  get why this feature is not available.my  bsp and old key step has this feature.also I don't get why they promote a video with a guy playing with the ksp and doing a global transpose on the fly but at the real world this feature does not  exist .
also note priority is a total mess  and the old key step does a great job on this
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 11:04:26 am by al80 »

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 10:07:06 pm »
I fully agree with all points and am really wanting to be able to record chords and arps into the sequencer, as well as global transpose.  A new update is coming, it is in beta now, but it is only for major bug fixing, no new features.

tartpop

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 03:41:27 pm »
I wonder this too, if any more updates are coming.
I had high hopes!
Too high!

TinyVince

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 08:17:04 am »
It is very disappointing that one year after the release and some updates the KeystepPro does not offer at least the same properties as the BeatStep Pro or Keystep.
This device also with the still existing bug to example the glowing LED despite empty patterns are the most immature and ashamed product from Arturia.
I cant believe the newest flaghip PolyBrute works halfway as it is advertised by the developers.
Sorry but this is my own assessment at the moment.

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 10:03:21 am »
It is very disappointing that one year after the release and some updates the KeystepPro does not offer at least the same properties as the BeatStep Pro or Keystep.
This device also with the still existing bug to example the glowing LED despite empty patterns are the most immature and ashamed product from Arturia.
I cant believe the newest flaghip PolyBrute works halfway as it is advertised by the developers.

Hi there!

While I do to a degree, share your opinion on features and functionality lacking compared to previous products, the Keystep Pro has only been out for 6 months, not 1 year.  It wasn't officially released until this past April and with the whole pandemic, most people weren't able to get theirs until well into the summer, barely a few months ago.

I can tell you now, that a new update is coming to fix bugs. There is no new functionality yet, but a new update is coming for bugs, please be patient.

TinyVince

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2020, 09:44:39 am »
Sorry, 1 year was probably a bit of an exaggeration, but when i look back at the firmware on the day it was launched.
And you need almost until the next NAMM so that the KeystepPro works properly for the first time.
The same functions of the BSP or Keystep are not even rudimentarily integrated and you call the part "PRO" at double the price?
This product marks a very sad section of Arturia's product list even though you are one of the most innovative developers.

spnc

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2020, 10:10:10 am »

Hi there!

While I do to a degree, share your opinion on features and functionality lacking compared to previous products, the Keystep Pro has only been out for 6 months, not 1 year.  It wasn't officially released until this past April and with the whole pandemic, most people weren't able to get theirs until well into the summer, barely a few months ago.

I can tell you now, that a new update is coming to fix bugs. There is no new functionality yet, but a new update is coming for bugs, please be patient.

8 months in my case, I got it since day 1. Almost no improvement on the points I and others raised early on. Hopefully the coming update will make this 400 priced product finally relevant and worth it.

Jan Juno

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2020, 09:08:30 am »
No, maybe Arturia is thinking about charging a price for it.

I am so pissed about this product.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines