April 19, 2024, 06:39:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Key Track as a modulation source  (Read 1669 times)

Hectorspace

Key Track as a modulation source
« on: October 29, 2020, 12:12:51 pm »
Hi Guys
I’ve been going through the specs on the Polybrute in detail. It's an impressive instrument. But I’ve failed to find Key Tracking as an assignable modulation source. I’m thinking this must be there since it’s an important modulator for producing natural simulations of such things as guitars and clavinets where higher notes have shorter envelope times and different harmonics.. Not just filter cutoff tracking. Maybe I’ve missed it, but I would certainly expect it.
Thanks
Steve

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Key Track as a modulation source
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 01:10:01 pm »
It's the Key/Seq source on row G in the matrix. That is the note played by the keys or the sequencer, and thus the key tracking source.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 09:55:02 pm by DrJustice »

Hectorspace

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 12:36:05 pm »
It's the Key/Seq source on row G in the matrix. That is the note played by the keys or the sequencer, and thus the key tracking source.

Ahhh! Great news thanks..

From it's title I didn’t think it was key track.. It says : “ Triggers from the keyboard, the sequencer/arpeggiator, and incoming MIDI notes“ This makes it seem like it’s an event trigger not a control voltage source.

Anyway good that the Polybrute has Key Track as a mod source, especially for those more subtle sounds it gives it way more class.

Thanks Steve
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 12:53:57 pm by Hectorspace »

larioso

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 01:20:16 pm »
I experimented a bit.

Assign Key/Seq source to VCA, and set amount to -100.
Since I did not feel this was enough effect on higher keys I inserted VCA again in 2 more slots.
- hold assign in empty slot, and turn amount until you find VCA, and set amount there too to -100.
Repeat on a third, and I had higher keys go all silent at some amount.
So adjusted to just -30 or something and I felt bass could be what I wanted compared to higher keys.

So there is basic way to create a key tracking to any amount you wish.

Incredible design on modulation I must say. Kuuuuuuuuuuuudos ARTURIA....

modalmixture

• modeswitching
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 10:57:14 pm »
Another neat trick is to create three Key > Pitch Vco slots and assign them to -60, -60, and -8 semitones.  That removes all keyboard pitch control and gives you a static tunable oscillator, useful for a drone or an FM modulator.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines