March 29, 2024, 09:06:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AFTERTOUCH  (Read 4256 times)

FXTR

AFTERTOUCH
« on: October 28, 2020, 09:21:46 pm »
Hi,

I bought KEYSTEP mainly because of aftertouch function but it does not work with any of my synths with aftertoch functionality.
I am using cubase as DAW and Keystep as main midi controller. I can send basic midi notes and cca values to all of my synths but no reaction on aftertouch.
Can you help me somehow? For example I have HYDRASYNTH preset with aftertouch loaded and no matter how hard I push keys on KEYSTEP there is no aftertouch reaction.
It is very sad to not be able to use it when this was main reason for purchase.

Thank you

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: AFTERTOUCH
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 01:08:03 pm »
Like you I bought the key step primarily for its aftertouch function because the Minilabs bizarrely don't have it. I'm not sure why you aren't getting it to work on your system, but I can confirm it does work. I recommend downloading a demo of Analog Lab and see if the aftertouch function works on some of the synths, that way you can rule out faulty hardware. Good luck.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

beaugunderson

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 06:48:55 am »
Working for me as well, I verified you can see the messages using something like this as well:

https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

They only start after you bottom the key out, though, which was surprising to me (this is my first keyboard with aftertouch!)

I was also surprised that the aftertouch is not polyphonic (it's technically "channel pressure", which is the average of all keys).

khidr

• Music is everything
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 10:33:34 am »
Hi,

I bought KEYSTEP mainly because of aftertouch function but it does not work with any of my synths with aftertoch functionality.
I am using cubase as DAW and Keystep as main midi controller. I can send basic midi notes and cca values to all of my synths but no reaction on aftertouch.
Can you help me somehow? For example I have HYDRASYNTH preset with aftertouch loaded and no matter how hard I push keys on KEYSTEP there is no aftertouch reaction.
It is very sad to not be able to use it when this was main reason for purchase.

Thank you

HI FXTR,
the KeyStep 37  can respond to aftertouch in several ways. If you have doubts whether aftertouch is active open the view menu in the MIDI Control Center.  Aftertouch becomes active after a key reaches the end of its downward travel. If you keep pressing you'll see channel aftertouch messages appear in the MIDI console window of the MIDI Control Center. To change the aftertouch response edit the setting in the MIDI Control Center/MIDI controller settings/Aftertouch curve menu.
If you use the KeyStep 37 in a eurorack system and want to use aftertouch voltage to control modules set 'MOD CV Source in the CV/Gate settings menu to 'Aftertouch'.
-------------------------------------------------
www.soundcloud.com/khidr

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines