March 28, 2024, 08:28:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute as Midi-Controller Plus  (Read 2718 times)

Kool

• Apprentice
Minibrute as Midi-Controller Plus
« on: October 27, 2020, 10:16:50 am »
A question for the Forum:  I know the Minibrute can act as a midi-controller for another synth (or at least I think that's the case) - but can it do that while having its own synthesizer function under control of another unit, say a sequencer.

An example might be:  would it be possible to use the MB as midi-controller to play a Waldorf Blofeld synth while at the same time using a Doepfer Dark Time sequencer to control a different pattern through the MB synth itself (via CV/Gate)?

Related to this - if used as a midi-controller for another synth, can the apreggiator of the MB control the other synth as well as playing via the MB keyboard?

Thanks.

DarSwanSwede

• Apprentice
  • Hi this is SNO King,
    • snöking.com
Re: Minibrute as Midi-Controller Plus
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 11:37:09 pm »
Yes... The miniBrute can control any other Synth as a controller, Rack, Key, Desktop, or Modular. If it accepts a signal the MiniBrute can send it.

Yes once connected your arp should send notes to the other synths on the channel... as well.

Thats where the Yeses stop

No. (I and others have tried) lol.... you cant use the knobs on the MiniBrute to send CC info to assign them to another VST or Desktop Synth but you can use SysEx to send over commands like we used to back in the olden 70's and 80's.... um and 90's... hmmm... we still are doing it somewhat today but just only us geezers and geeks (typically)... lol

CHeck Out Yves (the designer) site http://hackabrute.yusynth.net/index_en.php for the ins and outs and for a what the synth can and can't do. You can even send a message with a question. Explore your options "Explore the space". I will never sell my Rev 1. Its Arturias Minimoog and it stands alone.

I hope this helps a lil

SNO King
Kelly Swanson aka, snö king

http://www.snöking.com

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines