March 28, 2024, 01:52:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't update firmware  (Read 3065 times)

shoebasket

Can't update firmware
« on: October 02, 2020, 01:09:32 am »
Has anybody encountered (and solved) this problem?

When I start midi control center, I get prompted to update my firmware. I accept, and it tells me that the firmware is successfully downloaded.

Then it asks me to unplug and replug the keystep, which I do, and then I get a dialog with the following message:

Download Successful.
Entering Firmware Upgrade Mode

The device is not recognized.
If the device is connected to a USB HUB, please unplug/plug the HUB, then press
OK.

I've tried several times, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. Always the same result.

Other than that, if I choose not to update, the midi control center seems to work fine, so clearly, the device is recognized.

Also, it shows me that the current firmware is 1.0.3, which is one point release behind current.

I'm not really expecting much help here, since we have apparently this exact same issue from 2 years ago:
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=92445.0

Also: Hey Arturia, just use reCaptcha. That captcha/question nonsense is mostly illegible and very user-hostile.

khidr

• Music is everything
Re: Can't update firmware
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 11:03:36 am »
There seems to be a bug in the firmware. Here's a work around that worked for me:

-Download the latest version of the MIDI Control Center
-Download the new firmware form the Arturia site (https://www.arturia.com/support/downloads&manuals)  The page can take quite some time to load.....
-When done, close the MIDI Control Center, start your KS37 pressing on all transport button (rec+stop+play), it will be put in bootloader mode.
-Launch the MIDI Control Center. The MIDI Control Center may recognize your KS37 as minilab, don’t pay attention to this, just ignore it.
-Click on UNKNOWN, near firmware, then click 'upgrade', pick up your firmware file, and install it (you don't have to unplug your KS37).

When it’s done, relaunch your MCC so that KS37 is recognized as KS37

-------------------------------------------------
www.soundcloud.com/khidr

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines