April 19, 2024, 07:30:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: bug of the day - MCC has partial drum map implementation  (Read 1055 times)

synthcreep

• Apprentice
bug of the day - MCC has partial drum map implementation
« on: October 25, 2020, 09:49:55 pm »
I recently acquired a new drum synth and launched the MCC with the intent of updating the KSP's drum map (figured it would be quicker using the MCC but I was wrong).  Turns out the current version of the MCC is missing mapping options for 8 of the 24 available drum voices:

https://youtu.be/2_nx4jLKtMY

You can clearly see in the video above that for whatever reason, the MCC does not display all available drum voices.  I didn't catch that the numbering was off initially and was very confused about what was happening with the drum map.  Then I noticed that only 16 of the 24 notes were being displayed.

How that got through testing I have no idea.

Andrew Henderson

Re: bug of the day - MCC has partial drum map implementation
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 12:01:26 am »
I am not seeing this, on my end.  I too am using the latest firmware and MCC version, but in checking now, I do see all 24 assignments showing, all in sequential order, nothing like what you are seeing, with only 16 of 24 showing, with blatantly missing numbers.

Is this from a fresh load, or only after 'importing/restoring' a saved/dumped config file, in MCC?

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 12:21:31 am »
This was fresh from PC start up and starting the MCC without doing anything else other than navigating down to the drum map section. 

Around two weeks ago when I got my replacement KSP I did import a previously exported drum map though.  I did not notice at the time whether the drum map was messed up or not.

I only noticed it now because I was trying to integrate the new drum machine.

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 01:34:08 pm »
This was fresh from PC start up and starting the MCC without doing anything else other than navigating down to the drum map section. 

Around two weeks ago when I got my replacement KSP I did import a previously exported drum map though.  I did not notice at the time whether the drum map was messed up or not.

I only noticed it now because I was trying to integrate the new drum machine.

I think this may be it.  The importing of a previously exported session.  I have never done that, so am not experiencing what you are.  I do remember you had posts about importing previously exported configurations being all messed up, so I think this current problem, is likely another another byproduct, of that. 

I do believe this is still a very big problem that needs to be fixed, but we need to narrow down the exact steps to reproduction and find out what the root cause is.  As it stands now, it isn't a 'blanket' problem, that everyone will experience right out of the box.  Only certain people will experience this, under certain circumstances and this is what will help the developers narrow down the problem, for a quicker, more efficient fix.

For what it is worth, I too have experienced other issues, with exporting and importing stuff via MCC, so it is definitely broken and not working right, I just have not experienced this exact issue.

Since you are experiencing the issue, try and do a factory reset of the unit and don't import any previously exported sessions/configs.  Maybe even uninstall and reinstall MCC and see how that fares.

Thanks a lot for bringing these problems to everyone's attention.  You are doing a great service for us all, in the long run.

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 04:26:54 pm »
I must say that I'm so tired of having to back up, reset and restore projects to the KSP. 

The MCC is a total drag to use as far as how the project management interface works and the whole process is so slow, at least 30 minutes to back up and restore all 16 projects to the Keystep Pro.  I am guaranteed to lose active scene state as well since that is a current bug.  Since you can't select multiple projects it's not like I can start the process and come back when it is done either.   I have to sit there watching individual progress bars, repeatedly scroll a tiny window of alphabetically sorted but *numerically* named projects each time - it's infuriating.  Arturia staff have to deal with the MCC everyday, I can't fathom why someone there hasn't gotten annoyed enough themselves to fix it. 

Sigh.

I am currently trying to catch the trigger conditions for a bad transposition bug I have been running into sporadically so maybe then.

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 06:52:33 pm »
I must say that I'm so tired of having to back up, reset and restore projects to the KSP. 

The MCC is a total drag to use as far as how the project management interface works and the whole process is so slow, at least 30 minutes to back up and restore all 16 projects to the Keystep Pro.  I am guaranteed to lose active scene state as well since that is a current bug.  Since you can't select multiple projects it's not like I can start the process and come back when it is done either.   I have to sit there watching individual progress bars, repeatedly scroll a tiny window of alphabetically sorted but *numerically* named projects each time - it's infuriating.  Arturia staff have to deal with the MCC everyday, I can't fathom why someone there hasn't gotten annoyed enough themselves to fix it. 

Sigh.

I am currently trying to catch the trigger conditions for a bad transposition bug I have been running into sporadically so maybe then.

I totally get your frustration.  I too am disappointed by a lot of the short comings and unpredictability, that is coming from the KSP, currently. If we do want things fixed however, so we can get to a state where the unit is actually fun and problem free to use, we have to go through this BS.  I would love to help you out and do it all myself, but since I am not actually seeing the problem on my end, there is 'nothing to fix' for me.  Since you are experiencing the problem, only you can tell whether it has been remedied, based on what you see on your end.

Take your time and do it when you can.  You will be doing yourself and all of us a huge favour.  This bug can then be looked at and fixed with confidence, if we have proper steps and root causes detailed in full, for the devs to follow along with.

Thank you.  I appreciate all you are doing.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines