April 26, 2024, 09:38:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep knob control jumps to initial value, then can be controlled ok  (Read 1452 times)

mharry

• Apprentice
My problem is that when I first control any parameter using a Beatstep knob, the parameter jumps to some initial value before then being controlled as one would expect. This doesn't happen all the time, and it doesn't always jump to the same starting point.

In my example gif you can see 3 of 4 macros jump quite far right away. I think the 4th does have a similar jump, only it's much smaller. Afterwards they can be controlled smoothly, until I change presets and it starts again.

This sudden jump can obviously be jarring. Does anyone know what is causing this? Settings in the Beatstep itself, or in Pigments? Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 06:21:02 pm by mharry »

LBH

Re: Beatstep knob control jumps to initial value, then can be controlled ok
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 08:21:16 pm »
Hi and welcome Arturia forums.

I presume you use Pigments in standalone version, and use normal midi learn.
I don't have a Beatstep. Beatstep does'nt have a pick-up feature, i think. So to avoid jumps in all cases, then you have to use Relative settings (Not Absolute) for both your Beatstep encoders and for your Pigments controls. Find the Relative setting that work, as i believe you have 3 options.
Please consult your manuals about this settings.

I hope this helps.

mharry

• Apprentice
Re: Beatstep knob control jumps to initial value, then can be controlled ok
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 03:07:00 am »
That seems to be the solution. Thanks very much!

I had tried using the relative setting, but either I didn't do that in both places at once as you suggested or I just didn't set the controller properly. In any case, with both set to relative it's working now. Thanks for taking the time.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines