April 24, 2024, 02:49:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniLab MK2 - rotary encoders dose not receive CC values from DAW  (Read 1769 times)

jingubaan

• Apprentice
Hey all,

Just bought a Minilab MK2 today.. awesome little controller. However, I am trying to map the knobs to control plugin parameters via MIDI learn. Everything is work pretty well except, when the DAW transmits midi positions for the knobs, the hardware unit doesn't seem to be receiving them (or may be it doesn't care.. meaning this is not supported). I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I have mapped a knob to a parameter and I have set it up (in Studio One 4+) to "transmit the value" for that midi CC back to the controller.  I can also see the DAW doing this in the MIDI Monitor. when I use the knob to control the same parameter in another instance of the same plugin, it jumps to the previous position the controller knew where it was. Which I believe means the controller didn't receive the transmitted cc value for the rotary encoder.

AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE ???

I thought this controller can accept incoming CC positions for the encoder can take over the current position of parameters with out having to search for it or just jump around. And I have seen this setup working on other controllers with rotary encoders. If this is something that is not possible with the MiniLab MK2 is kinda makes the rotary encoders half baked and not really useful unless you are using Arturia software.

Any help / clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks heaps in advance :)

LBH

Re: MiniLab MK2 - rotary encoders dose not receive CC values from DAW
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 08:30:59 pm »
Hi and welcome Arturia forums.

I don't have a Minilab MKII.
To avoid jumps in all cases, then you need to use one of the Relative settings you have for your Minilab encoders. Please consult your manual about this setting.

I hope this helps.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines