March 29, 2024, 11:30:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab not showing in Komplete Kontrol  (Read 4513 times)

jamesnic7

Analog Lab not showing in Komplete Kontrol
« on: October 19, 2020, 12:28:07 pm »
Hi, I am running the latest version of Analog Lab 4.2 as part of V Collection which I upgraded to after buying A Keylab Essential. I just sold the Keylab but having reinstalled Analog Lab it no longer appears in Komplete Kontrol (all the others Synths are fine). Looking in the Third Party/Native Instruments/presets folder I have a single file "fake.nksf" not the usual previews etc.
Does anybody have any ideas why it's missing and how to get it back?
Thanks in advance

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Analog Lab not showing in Komplete Kontrol
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 02:46:04 pm »
Considering Analog Lab came with the controller you have now sold, perhaps the problem is you're trying to use the Analog Lab licence which came with your controller not the Analog Lab licence you bought with V Collection (two different licences). The new owner of your old Keylab may well have approached Arturia and asked for the Analog Lab licence which came with the controller to be transferred to them, they have a right to own it under Arturia's terms and conditions of sale. The version of Analog Lab you should be using is the one which came with your V Collection.

Sorry if this is obvious, I'm shooting in the dark tbh.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

jamesnic7

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 03:01:42 pm »
Hi No don't think so. I unregistered the keyboard and associated license so the new owner could re-register but my Arturia software centre still shows an active license linked to V collection.
Also Analog Lab works fine as a standalone product/vst it just doesn't show up in Komplete Kontrol. My last resort would be to re-install Komplete Kontrol in case there is an issue with having had two licenses for Analog Lab but the fact that none of the preview files look like they have been installed makes me think it's an Arturia problem.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 03:05:06 pm »
Ah right fair enough. I would suggest raising it as a support ticket with Arturia themselves, and if in the meantime another users comes along who can help, well it definitely doesn't hurt having two irons in the fire. Good luck.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 03:43:22 pm »
@jamesnic7

I wonder why your Analog Lab upgrade work, if you have transfered the products that qualify your upgrade price. But that's between you and Arturia.

Look like you mix up something though. What NKS files have you used before?
Arturia only deliever NKS files for the individual full applications. They don't deliever NKS files for Analog Lab. NKS files can't work the same way as Arturias own preset system does. In Arturia system files created in full applications show up in Analog Lab and the other way around.

It is possible to create NKS files for Analog Lab. And you can also access Analog Lab in Komplete Kontrol without, but only through the toop menu, as long as you have no NKS files for Analog Lab.
There are threads about all this in the forums. Also you can find informations in NI Komplete Kontrol forum.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines