March 29, 2024, 10:52:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help...my Matrixbrute has gone catatonic on me!  (Read 2474 times)

mbfannz

Help...my Matrixbrute has gone catatonic on me!
« on: October 16, 2020, 11:50:18 pm »
Hi everyone! new to the forum and Arturia, and in fact the synth world. Bought this amazing instrument in the first round of lockdown here in NZ and its been great fun until just about a week ago. I have been in touch with tech support and I have got a reply but cant seem to get any resolution to the issue, so hoping someone here whos been through this can help me out.

About three weeks ago I started loading new presets for the first time. Shortly afterwards I had the start of the episodes where the matrix became unresponsive. The only highlighted button would be the top left corner and the preset button. I could not select anything on the matrix, neither the SEQ or the MOD buttons. I started to stress a little but then reason kicked in and I thought this had to be a software issue, so I  did a firmware update and this amazingly fixed the issue. Unfortunately not indefinitely it would seem. The next time I booted the machine up the same symptoms appeared. Again the firmware update fixed it. Perhaps another two rounds like this would ensue before the key to my problem no longer worked.

I have been asked to check the firmware version by pressing the play button together with the SEQ length button but no version appears on the display. I have tried the play with all the other buttons that were advised and again no version appears. I tried pressing the record button together with the SEQ length button to manually update but no change there either. None of the other combos work either.

Perhaps a little slow off the mark but I only noticed today that all those  other buttons on the right of the unit are also unresponsive. Am I correct in thinking that the boards that operate the matrix and the equencer respectively are having issues with version compaitibility? I have tried to load previous iterations of the firmware on the main board but that hasnt helped.

When I do make firmware updates it always says there has been an error in the update, though I notice though afterwards that the firmware has in fact been changed. The error message reads as follows: [Errorcode:[0:4];[1:4:][127:63]...

Any help on this one would be most appreciated :)

Thanks

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Help...my Matrixbrute has gone catatonic on me!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 12:31:49 pm »
Sounds to me like you just got a faulty instrument. It will be presumably still in warranty, so i'd do the old fashioned thing of approaching your retailer for an exchange rather than try to fix it yourself by way of trying to force it to update its firmware yet again.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

gregwood

• Horned Mouth
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 05:26:41 am »
Hello mbfannz,

I'm also from NZ (Auck) and having sync issues and general glitchy-ness with my Matrixbrute (having performed the version 2 upgrade numerous times). I've wasted so much time trying to solve it. This is really frustrating because it's beginning to overshadow what is otherwise the most formidably capable analogue mono-synth since ARP's 2600!

Have you solved your issues yet? If you're local, it would be great to be able to talk to someone else about it (feel free to PM me or email me at get@gregwood.co.nz) - there can't be many of these in NZ.

Regards, Greg

mbfannz

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 09:10:23 pm »
Hi Greg sorry about late reply...just saw your post. tbh getting this machine fixed has become a bit of bain in my life. And like you this is unfortunate because I love this synth. ultimately I've run to the end of the road with Arturia support. Their recommendation us to take it back to Rockshop and get it sent to the guy who services their synths. Unfortunately theres no way of telling if these guys are experienced with MBA's or arturia in general. Also not sure what kind of support they'll get from Arturia direct. A bit disheartening because it cost a good deal, and there appears to be no clear of fixing the unit which I otherwise love. my email is albert_psaros@yahoo.com if you want to email me.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 09:55:21 am »
Hello.
Getting back to your shop is the normal process, they will then connect with our distributor who will handle the repair / replacement.
Best
Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines