March 28, 2024, 11:13:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Voice expansion to 12 voices  (Read 3708 times)

creativespiral

• Apprentice
Voice expansion to 12 voices
« on: October 08, 2020, 09:22:09 pm »
Very excited about the PB. 

Please make a voice expander.   Preferably, to keep costs down, either an internal voice expansion that can be user installed (if there's room), or an external box without the control surfaces that is Polychained... users can always do our own mixdowns of two separate stereo pairs if needed.     

Alternatively, a full desktop/rack unit with the control surface, but just with good PolyChain/Sync capabilities.

Or if you see no practical way to offer expansion like the above options, just make another 12-voice version that's a little bigger...  And people who buy the PB6 but want to upgrade can sell their unit and purchase a 12 in the future.   

The three-voice limit for stacks is very constrained, and six voices for atmospheric/cinematic pads will have voice stealing on release. 

PolyBrute Fundamentals Sound Set:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/p/polybrute-fundamentals-sound-set/

My Free Patches for PolyBrute and Other Synths
https://www.presetpatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

ryankm

Re: Voice expansion to 12 voices
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 02:18:27 am »
I agree, having a minibrute; I always was looking forward to eventual release of Polybrute.

It deserves more polyphony.  More polyphony is needed for jazz style synth key playing for musicians who are just doing more than adding synth sounds.  I know this having owned a Roland Super JX and  Prophet Rev2 16 voice.  Those extra voices go along way in helping make your key playing sound bigger.  Now me personally I am not an amazing keyboardist so 12 voices would be enough, but I am just getting to know this 16 voice rev2 ;)...

TimeEchoProductions

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 02:16:38 am »
Very excited about the PB. 

Please make a voice expander.   Preferably, to keep costs down, either an internal voice expansion that can be user installed (if there's room), or an external box without the control surfaces that is Polychained... users can always do our own mixdowns of two separate stereo pairs if needed.     

Alternatively, a full desktop/rack unit with the control surface, but just with good PolyChain/Sync capabilities.

Or if you see no practical way to offer expansion like the above options, just make another 12-voice version that's a little bigger...  And people who buy the PB6 but want to upgrade can sell their unit and purchase a 12 in the future.   

The three-voice limit for stacks is very constrained, and six voices for atmospheric/cinematic pads will have voice stealing on release.

+1

Locksley

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 01:04:26 pm »
I wonder how much of the electronics that need to be reproduced and put in a box to make it a workable expander.
Looking at the photos of the interior of the PolyBrute it is packed full of PCBs but the Voicecards themselves are quite doable to put in a box; now the question is, how much more is needed...?

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 11:10:40 pm »
For those who have not yet seen the inside of a PolyBrute, here's a link to Hispasonic's post with all the photos.
https://www.hispasonic.com/reportajes/arturia-polybrute-fotos-interior/45539
(it's in Spanish)

Locksley

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 04:22:24 pm »
Man, this would be a rather big box. Since 3 voice cards are connected to a controller card it would be almost half the width of a PolyBrute if you stacked them above each other (thus making it twice as thick as a PolyBrute).
And the amount of electronics needed whilst not probably selling as many as the full keyboard would make it cost prohibited.

Still, if they could release a 6 voice expander for 1500€ I would eventually get two... I'm skipping on the MoogOne 16 voice and holding my breath for Arturia to release a voice-expander  ;D

Yohonis

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 04:52:12 am »
+1 on the 12 voices expansion

timmy

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2023, 09:41:12 pm »
+10 I would pay for a voice expander, preferably 6 voices to increase the Poly Brute to a total of 12, immediately!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines