April 25, 2024, 07:00:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Step oriented edit directly on the device?  (Read 1059 times)

Sync

Step oriented edit directly on the device?
« on: October 15, 2020, 05:01:08 pm »
Looking through the manual, there's something I'd like to be able to do but I've not found any leads on how or if it's possible...

Here's what I'd like to do:

1. With the sequence stopped, set the current step number to the first step.
2. Be able to sound the note(s) of the first step, without advancing the step.
3. Be able to adjust the step notes using the knobs, while listening to all the notes that are part of that step (from all three tracks).
4. Then advance to the next step in the sequence and repeat from 3.

I want a step-by-step edit where it'll stay on a step until I'm happy with it, then something would advance to the next step to do the same.   I may want to re-listen to the notes of the current step while I'm editing so for example, I can find a pleasing chord between sequence 1 & 2 by repeatedly triggering the two notes, adjusting one until I like the sound, then moving on to the next step.

Is this sort of thing possible?   I thought it'd be a pretty basic operation, as not everyone wants to record all their notes on the fly and may want to hear how the notes from the different sequence tracks sound together...

Maybe it's there and I just haven't found it in the manual?

BTW, your captchas really suck, I can barely make out what they are, and the listen just causes my browser to want to download a php page, so it's useless.   WAY to complicated, you need to make the process easier.   And some of these questions-- who produced the Jupiter 8?   You mean I have to look that up?   I'm not as much a nerd for this stuff as you seem to think I might be.   This is the most draconian captcha process I've ever seen.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines