April 25, 2024, 10:31:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Connecting and triggering Drumbrute and MatrixBrute  (Read 1594 times)

flaminghead

Connecting and triggering Drumbrute and MatrixBrute
« on: October 01, 2020, 08:03:58 pm »
Hey all! OK,  am an 'old' guitarist going back to my teen years and passion ie synths. Have used a few over the years but really on the surface and basic set ups. Now, I find myself with a MatrixBrute (yes!) and with the simplest of questions. Though I seem to be able to understand filters, LFOs etc etc...I can't seem to find the way to trigger/sync my drumbrute at the same time as my matrixbrute. Simple and should be obvious...maybe I should go back to easier things like tuning my guitar lol. But can anyone help me? Essentially I would like to trigger some 'drum patterns' on the drumbrute with the sequences I have set up in the matrixbrute. Am sure it's obvious but would be really happy if someone could enlighten me  ::)\

Oh, I am intending to use it to link it up with Logic on my Mac.

Thanks in anticipation.

:)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 08:11:30 pm by flaminghead »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Connecting and triggering Drumbrute and MatrixBrute
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 11:32:19 am »
It's simpler than you may think. Basically, just connect the MatrixBrute MIDI Out to the DrrumBrute MIDI in, set a couple of options and you should be able to synchronize them. There are some details in this thread:

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=93517.msg152181

Have a go at that, and if you run into problems, we can go through it here.

flaminghead

Re: Connecting and triggering Drumbrute and MatrixBrute
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 12:05:55 pm »
Thanks Dr, I forgot to reply. I did do that, was the first thing I did but couldn't seem to sort out why it wouldn't trigger hence here I am. Will read the thread properly and if I get nowhere will get back to you again  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines