March 28, 2024, 12:01:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: List of V Collection 7 synths that Support Sustain Pedal?  (Read 1777 times)

jcazmusic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
List of V Collection 7 synths that Support Sustain Pedal?
« on: September 27, 2020, 06:55:55 am »
Hi All,
Currently trying to get sustain working on Mellotron V. Is there a complete list of which synths support the Sustain Pedal?
(using in stand alone mode currently)
Thanks!
JC

LBH

Re: List of V Collection 7 synths that Support Sustain Pedal?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 03:43:31 pm »
Hi,

There is'nt a list for V-Collection 7 about this.

Mellotron does'nt have hold yet. But i exspect it will get it. Especially as sample loops have been added. I can suggest you contact Arturia support about it.
You can assign a pedal to the release for a piano like hold as it is. Not midi CC64 though, and that i think is odd, as Mellotron unfortunate does'nt have a modulation matrix.

Which other applications do you have issues with? There are posts in the forums about things like this. But feel free to ask about the individual applications, if you have issues.

If we don't count Mellotron, then i think all the Arturias applications have at least some kind of hold.
Unfortunately a few holds have issues in some playmodes, while working fine in others. I do hope all this will be fixed. I think Arturia would like all applications to have a hold function of some kind, as it has been added even for organs.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 03:53:31 pm by LBH »

jcazmusic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 04:14:30 am »
Hi LBH,
Thanks for the reply. I am new to V7. I've had Analog Lab for a while and asked TS the same question a while back (cant remember which synth) and they said you have to buy the full version.
Don't mean for my first post to be complainy. I think Arturia makes the best Vintage VIs and they seem like cool people.
However, It does seem ludicrous that they would not have Sus on every keyboard.
I have emailed TS and they gave a bit of a vague answer so I asked which synths have Sus pedal support. I'll let you know.
JC
P.S. TS suggested using "Modulation Matrix to assign the Sustain Pedal on some synths". While I've never done this, might be easy- In case Arturia is listening: I would like to see every synth have support for Sus Pedal upon install.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 04:16:26 am by jcazmusic »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 01:00:44 pm »
The only instrument which doesn't respond to sustain at all is the mellotron, in trueness to a real mellotron which also didn't have a sustain pedal. Obviously I don't understand your workflow but I don't really understand why it's a big deal tbh, just hold the note down for as long as you want sound.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 07:20:55 pm »
@ jcazmusic

You actually ask about how every application work without you seem to know anything about them. You somehow exspect them all to work the same way and do the same thing no matter what, but that's not the case.
Let me give a couple of examples. The CS-80s sustain work just like the original CS-80s sustain did. It's a kind of hold that can work different for each preset, and in different ways. It's not a simple note hold like you apprantly wan't. You have actually some parameters for it๘s settings.
And while Matrix 12 does have added a "normal" sustain like i think you talk about, then it actually does'nt allways work that well, except for some tasks, but you can still add sustain pedal the same way as the original. That too is a more detailed hold, and it work fully.

As said, then please ask about the individual applications in the applications own forum. But please try the applications out first.
Why do you think all is bad, just because Mellotron does'nt have hold? Have you tried other full Arturia applications, where it does'nt work?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines