March 29, 2024, 09:17:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No Software?  (Read 1372 times)

mntbighker

• Apprentice
No Software?
« on: September 24, 2020, 04:59:42 am »
I saw it suggested in several YT reviews that if you want very many Arturia soft synths from V Collection 7 the best way in is to buy a piece of hardware. It never occurred to me that they would include basically zero software with KSP. And zero incentive to buy into other Arturia products after registration. I never received a single email or offer. My Native Instruments included a flood of offers and plenty of starter versions to whet your appetite. What gives?

winddealer

Re: No Software?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 05:09:39 am »
I think the KSP is the "runt" of product line litter.   Sadly, it didn't receive the attention it needed in the formative months (half baked code) and has been suffering (for some) from growing pains since it's introduction in April.  As you pointed out, the lack of any software incentive is another example of how this product has been handled since it's introduction. Poor Product Management may also have something to do with the lack of execution with what was supposed to set the standard as the "Pro" model.  C'est la vie.         
KSP, KS, KL61 MkII, VCol7, Faderfox EC4, Peak, Tyros4, Reaper

spnc

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 01:20:59 am »
I think the KSP is the "runt" of product line litter.   Sadly, it didn't receive the attention it needed in the formative months (half baked code) and has been suffering (for some) from growing pains since it's introduction in April.  As you pointed out, the lack of any software incentive is another example of how this product has been handled since it's introduction. Poor Product Management may also have something to do with the lack of execution with what was supposed to set the standard as the "Pro" model.  C'est la vie.         

Yes sir. So sad.

khidr

• Music is everything
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 11:32:11 am »
If you need a controller for the V collection, you're probably better of with an Arturia keylab essential controller. They have lots of specific knobs and slders set up for control of instruments from the V collection series.
Having said that, it is very easy to set up the Keystep Pro to control V collections synths. All V collection synths have a MIDI learn function. Setting them up with the Keystep Pro is easy.
Still, I think it's a good idea if Arturia would include some freebees or time-limited V collection synth demos with it.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 11:34:23 am by khidr »
-------------------------------------------------
www.soundcloud.com/khidr

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines