April 23, 2024, 02:28:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Different track midi channel per scene  (Read 965 times)

al80

Different track midi channel per scene
« on: September 21, 2020, 04:26:39 pm »
The new  track midi channel per project on the new firmware is great and opens new possibilities for the ksp.
What i like to do with this feature is to have the 4 tracks assigned to specific midi channels going to my hardware synths and then copy
the current project to the next empty progect so i can reassign the midi channel of the  4 tracks to other midi channels(sounds) to sequence other sounds from my hardware synths.
So i  use 2 projects to sequence 8 sounds.if i want i can expand this procedure with a third project to sequence 4more sounds and be able to sequence 12 sounds divided to 3 banks of 4 sounds.so i have 3 projects for one song and i am sequencing 12 sounds  each sound with its specific midi channels.However i know that i can sequence 4 tracks and not 12 at the same time but i can sequence many sounds with this workflow and i am not limited to sequence the same 4 tracks per project.
The only problem with this workflow is that i will run out of project memories if i have to use 3 projects for a song.
So different midi  channel per scene would be awesome for that purpose.

I hope it make sense.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 05:13:02 pm by al80 »

Andrew Henderson

Re: Different track midi channel per scene
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 04:39:28 pm »
This makes perfect sense to me and I find it a very valuable submission.  This would certainly allow us to expand upon the current limitations of 4 tracks only and as long as we can seamlessly switch between projects on the fly, this would the THE way to overcome such limitations, by having the 4 sequencer tracks automatically mapped to different channels, depending on what project is loaded.  Using up multiple project locations on the KSP for a single track, shouldn't be a problem either, as likely we can still get 4+ projects (minimum!) from the 16, if working like you suggested.  Since we can backup projects to our computer via MCC, it is easy to create multiple tracks, dump them to the computer, then free up those 16 projects for additional projects and the cycle continues.

Awesome idea and can open up a lot of new possibilities, from a simple method of being able to reliably copy from one project, to the other.

I can't see others not agreeing.  Perhaps put this request into support and link them to this thread, so they can see the feedback from others, on this idea?

al80

Re: Different track midi channel per scene
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 04:57:38 pm »
This makes perfect sense to me and I find it a very valuable submission.  This would certainly allow us to expand upon the current limitations of 4 tracks only and as long as we can seamlessly switch between projects on the fly, this would the THE way to overcome such limitations, by having the 4 sequencer tracks automatically mapped to different channels, depending on what project is loaded.  Using up multiple project locations on the KSP for a single track, shouldn't be a problem either, as likely we can still get 4+ projects (minimum!) from the 16, if working like you suggested.  Since we can backup projects to our computer via MCC, it is easy to create multiple tracks, dump them to the computer, then free up those 16 projects for additional projects and the cycle continues.

Awesome idea and can open up a lot of new possibilities, from a simple method of being able to reliably copy from one project, to the other.

I can't see others not agreeing.  Perhaps put this request into support and link them to this thread, so they can see the feedback from others, on this idea?
working with the MCC to backup the projects is very good idea.but you need to have a computer all the time to do this.at the current moment i don't have my ksp attached to computer cause i am working  dawless.
i will wait for other users feedback on the topic before i send a request to arturia.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines