April 20, 2024, 07:16:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BeatStep Pro as mono MIDI controller  (Read 1826 times)

Cubilas

BeatStep Pro as mono MIDI controller
« on: May 27, 2016, 06:23:51 pm »
Hello everyone!

I have been using hardware gear for a while now and have yet to find something that will control my Korg MicroSampler in a certain way.

What I am looking to do:

1. Press a pad on the BeatStep Pro which will trigger & (hold or sustain) a MIDI note.
2. Press a different pad to stop the previous note and repeat step 1 above (trigger & (hold or sustain) a different MIDI note)

I am trying to use the BeatStep Pro as you would an MPC. (Choke mode or Mute Groups)

I was able to make this happen with an old Yamaha SHS-10, but that's the only hardware I could find to do this.

Can you guys give me some info as to if this can be accomplished with the BeatStep Pro? :)

Zymos

Re: BeatStep Pro as mono MIDI controller
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 08:41:08 pm »
I can't really think of a way to make that work, mainly the sustain and trigger part. You could have a slowly played 64 step sequence with tied notes, and it would hold the whole time, but when you decide to play another note, it won't send a trigger at that time, just change the note number.

paulvanegmond

• Apprentice
Re: BeatStep Pro as mono MIDI controller
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 10:54:51 am »
I recently came across an IOS MIDI plugin development environment called Mozaic by Bram Bos of www.ruismaker.com. If it’s feasible for you to route your midi data through an iPhone or iPad, you might be able to code a workaround yourself.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines