April 19, 2024, 12:32:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep pro midi out problem  (Read 1829 times)

marige

Beatstep pro midi out problem
« on: September 19, 2020, 11:24:26 am »
Hi!

Just go the beatstep pro. The problem is that all sequencers both melodic and drum send to all midi channels regardless och what I set them to in the MMC.
Scenario: Sequencer 1 CV/GATE. Sequencer 2 MIDI DIN. Drum USB to computer. In MMC sequencer 1 is set to MIDI 1, seq 2 to MIDI 2 and DRUM to MIDI 10.
But everything plays on all channels. What have I done wrong?! Tried in Logic pro and Cubase pro latest versions on Mac os 10.14.6.

All the best!

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Beatstep pro midi out problem
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 08:54:55 am »
That is odd considering MCC should change the channel settings on your BSP immediately, without need for you to transfer them across.
What about if you set the channel from the front face?
Select a track and press and hold the CHAN button.  There it will display which channel each of the tracks are set to on by lighting up the step buttons with colours corresponding to the tracks, with red being the USER channel.  While you do this you can change the channel the currently selected track is set to by pressing a different step button.  Do this for the 2 SEQs and DRUM tracks, as well as Control Mode to set the USER channel.

Now although it should happen automatically when you connect your BSP to MCC, just check that you have the current firmware loaded on your BSP.  Back-up your projects, update the firmware then do a factory reset, then transfer your Projects back onto the BSP.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

marige

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 02:55:52 pm »
I've already done all those things. After the first hardware reset the CV values were all messed up and the unit needed one more HW reset to work properly again. Still MIDI from all the sequencers are sent on all MIDI channels regardless of channel settings. Including the DIN output. I can't figure this one out. I have messed with MIDI since the atari and notator days but I can't wrap my head around this problem.  :o

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 05:06:11 am »
Geez, doesn't sound good.  I'd recommend creating a support ticket.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines