ArtfulDodger

• Apprentice
Re: MPE
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2021, 06:58:22 pm »
PLEASE add MPE support.  I beg of thee.

cromplindinkle

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2021, 06:39:55 pm »
Yes Mpe functionality would be fantastic :)

is there anywhere we can find out when new firmware is likely to be released and maybe a list of thinks in the works, thank you

Omri

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2021, 02:08:10 am »
Yes !!!

MPE receive and send via the ribbon and morphée !

xonir

• Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2021, 01:00:20 pm »
+1

spyinzedark

• Apprentice
    • VolvaX
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2022, 02:31:40 pm »
+1 !!

yakirbt

• Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2022, 11:32:55 pm »
+1

parmenidis

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2022, 08:32:35 pm »
Please Arturia it's 2022!
MPE for Polybrute please!

It is 46 years since CS-80 offered polyphonic aftertouch!

JimmyTheSaint

• Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2022, 02:48:53 am »
+1. Immediate buy and swap out with other gear when the Polybrute gets MPE.

Speldosa

• Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2022, 04:31:38 pm »
Basically registered an account here just to say this. I don't own the Polybrute, but I'm really eyeing it at the moment. I'm going to buy the Expressive E Osmose when it comes out, and I really want an analog synth that can be controlled by it. It would be really intresting to hear someone from Auturia comment on if this even is theoretical possible with the Polybrute.

Just a question: Would it, even in theory, be possible to get polyphonic aftertouch on the Polybrute from the internal keyboard, or is aftertouch somehow global in the hardware itself? If you hook up the Polybrute as a midi controller, do you get individual aftertouch from each key separately?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 04:34:25 pm by Speldosa »

saemola

• Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2022, 10:56:24 pm »
Just a question: Would it, even in theory, be possible to get polyphonic aftertouch on the Polybrute from the internal keyboard, or is aftertouch somehow global in the hardware itself?
The keyboard can't produce poly aftertouch. It only has a single "sensor".

I think in a live stream they mentioned that it should be technically possible to achieve on the synth with an external controller though.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2022, 04:12:20 pm »
Just a question: Would it, even in theory, be possible to get polyphonic aftertouch on the Polybrute from the internal keyboard, or is aftertouch somehow global in the hardware itself?
The keyboard can't produce poly aftertouch. It only has a single "sensor".

I think in a live stream they mentioned that it should be technically possible to achieve on the synth with an external controller though.
There is indeed only a single sensor, but the PB has the rather nifty duophonic aftertouch feature which can do "the trick", as it were, in many situations - check it out :)

It can already receive poly aftertouch, and that works fine with an external controller - I use a MicroFreak for that

EricP

• Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2022, 09:51:15 pm »
Agree MPE would make this great synth even greater

emanuelsj

• Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2022, 10:44:53 am »
This is a critical feature request for me too. I cannot see the music production without MPE anymore. Arturia, please hurry up, my Seaboard Rise 2 will arrive in December 2022, you still have time to address this important feature! Thanks!

StudioDeutz

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2022, 05:07:54 pm »
I know it is a little off-topic, but would'nt it be possible to make the "standard" keys (white/black) of a keyboard be MPE sensitive?

The costs would be higher of course. Another French company has made it "Expressive E Osmose". Every key has a 3 way MPE option - very much like the Morpheé...

EDIT: emanuelsj - I do not have a MPE keyboard. But I tried something out, what makes me wonder: the PB seems to be able to play  6-voice aftertouch - individually every voice !
- I have a AKAI MPCX - playing the pads of it (they are aftertouch sensitive of course) and the midi signal of aftertouch of each pad triggers individual modulation. Tried it with the preset "After Touch Brass". It is not MPE as such, but more than the PB keyboard can do. So the Rise can maybe trigger things the official announcement is not describing.

Maybe somebody can verify my experience and maybe somebody has the Rise 1 - to test even more.

The Polybrute seems to have hidden treasures :-)

Listen to this, I added "Pitch VCO1" to the aftertouch to make it more obious: listen to attached mp3
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 06:15:04 pm by StudioDeutz »

rrr123

• Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2022, 06:41:15 am »
+ 1 to this.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines