March 28, 2024, 12:06:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The problem with Arturia - let's start with the moronic Captcha  (Read 5694 times)

spnc

• Apprentice
The problem with Arturia - let's start with the moronic Captcha
« on: September 17, 2020, 10:37:45 pm »
Remove the ANNOYING and COMPLEX Captcha for every message we have to write, OMG this is totally UNACCEPTABLE and outdated for a brand like this.

UPGRADE YOUR FORUM USER EXPERIENCE IT SUCKS!

Whoever developed this at Arturia is a degenerate lol

paul23

Re: The problem with Arturia - let's start with the moronic Captcha
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 09:19:30 am »
100% in agreement with this. It's as if Arturia have never heard of web accessibility guidelines.

I'll leave some info here just in case someone from the company sees this...

https://www.w3.org/WAI/fundamentals/accessibility-intro/

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 01:27:23 pm »
Trouble is this forum still gets spammed to death every single day and the only people the security settings are putting off posting are the genuine users.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

spnc

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 08:15:45 pm »
Trouble is this forum still gets spammed to death every single day and the only people the security settings are putting off posting are the genuine users.

This must be the only music equipment company in the world with such incredibly retarded web accessibility guidelines.

Why would Arturia be subject to spamming and not 99 other companies? Just hire a community manager FFS

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 12:41:15 pm »
I guess they could end the spamming problem instantly by changing this purely into an owners' community where you have to register with at least one hardware or software serial number: most new posts are from recent purchasers asking for help, so that would be fine. But I imagine Arturia do not want to dissuade potential customers from asking exploratory questions. Consequently they are unfortunately wide open to spam posts.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

spnc

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 01:24:01 am »
I guess they could end the spamming problem instantly by changing this purely into an owners' community where you have to register with at least one hardware or software serial number: most new posts are from recent purchasers asking for help, so that would be fine. But I imagine Arturia do not want to dissuade potential customers from asking exploratory questions. Consequently they are unfortunately wide open to spam posts.

They could still give the ability for non-owners to READ ONLY the forum. 99% of the comments here seem to come from Arturia owners.

Anyway this company seems to be going under. Appalling customer service and zero activity on the forums since 6 months ago (the covid ain't helping).

mylorman

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 07:44:57 am »

They could still give the ability for non-owners to READ ONLY the forum. 99% of the comments here seem to come from Arturia owners.

Anyway this company seems to be going under. Appalling customer service and zero activity on the forums since 6 months ago (the covid ain't helping).

Is very sad but I agree with both of these posts .. I have CS80 V2, V collection, matrixbrute and now keystep pro .. not happy with the customer support on mot of them .. particularly the hardware and its corresponding firmware development ... arturia are not helping much with consumer confidence that is for sure.. will have to think twice before buying new arturia equipment and/or software

levets

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 03:37:23 am »
Remove the ANNOYING and COMPLEX Captcha for every message we have to write, OMG this is totally UNACCEPTABLE and outdated for a brand like this.

FWIW, after a couple of posts I didn't get the CAPTCHA anymore. Maybe you have to make a minimum number of posts first? I was tempted to reply to this thread in agreement but didn't want to bother with the CAPTCHA!! I only came back and posted other things because I had to.

spnc

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 06:32:14 am »

FWIW, after a couple of posts I didn't get the CAPTCHA anymore. Maybe you have to make a minimum number of posts first? I was tempted to reply to this thread in agreement but didn't want to bother with the CAPTCHA!! I only came back and posted other things because I had to.

It's when you create posts, not when you reply. Whenever you create posts, it will ask you for it. Also when you register.

In both instances it's unacceptable, especially when Captchas are too complicated or wrong such that you need 10 minutes to solve it. I don't know any other "top" music brand with such outdated forum/moronic captchas policies enforced. It feels pretty much like 1990s.

Other brands simply have a moderator. If Arturia can't afford one, maybe they should just hire IT companies that do that job for little money in India or Morocco.

I think generally speaking it's time for Arturia to re-think their overall customer service. It feels like there's no customer feedback policy whatsover. Even when you need to reach support you end speaking to the engineers team directly, there's no automated "customer support" function in the company, which for a B2C company that size is really surprising. Which leaves the impression that everyone must complain on different forums out there, while I know for sure the engineers are actually working to fix things eventually. It will only bring very bad reputation in the long run.

The main website UX sucks likewise, it's really hard to find the info you need sometimes, and the whole architecture feels like it hasn't been updated since 2010.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 06:41:52 am by spnc »

levets

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2020, 08:07:22 pm »

It's when you create posts, not when you reply. Whenever you create posts, it will ask you for it. Also when you register.

I made a new post last night and it didn't do the Captcha.

FWIW though, judging by the number of people who bought VC7 a week or so ago, then bought Pigments and OBx at full price or black friday price, and then updgraded to VC8 at full price but complained about not getting a good price since they just bought the other stuff, Arturia knows good and well that people are going to buy the stuff so there's no reason for them to improve anything as long as people keep giving them their money!

spnc

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2020, 05:31:29 pm »

I made a new post last night and it didn't do the Captcha.

FWIW though, judging by the number of people who bought VC7 a week or so ago, then bought Pigments and OBx at full price or black friday price, and then updgraded to VC8 at full price but complained about not getting a good price since they just bought the other stuff, Arturia knows good and well that people are going to buy the stuff so there's no reason for them to improve anything as long as people keep giving them their money!

It doesn't for me either, it did erratically for a while, which was very annoying. Just skip through other threads and you'll see the number of people being annoyed at this. Statistically speaking your personal experience is irrelevant vs. the others I mean why are you even replying lol so useless we don't care.

Also this is the lamest answer ever (you're probably an Arturia employee or fanboy). The fact that Arturia decided to launch the V8 right after Black Friday is by the way the worst example you could have taken lol just check their social media and the PR disaster it has been (people felt being robbed). Again poor marketing execution in line with the rest of lack of consistent marketing and customer support policies, they need to hire someone that could better schedule and anticipate customer expectations, it's Marketing 101.

There's always a need to improve things of course dumbo (in competitive environment, in life in general) so that's another false statement of yours (but again you're an Arturia employee so I can't blame you). The fact that V8 will probably sell alright (you have no idea about that, unless as Arturia employee) has nothing to do with this thread actually, let alone the rest of our requests regarding other products (just check the KSP section to start with, it will take you half a day to read them all).

Now leave this thread and be useful some other place (your desk for starters).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 07:19:11 pm by spnc »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2020, 12:58:47 pm »
Also this is the lamest answer ever (you're probably an Arturia employee or fanboy). ....
Lol you're so easily triggered it's gone right over your head that the person you're accusing of being a closet employee or fanboy was criticising Arturia in his post. That's the funniest thing i'll read today.

spnc

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 01:18:59 pm »
Also this is the lamest answer ever (you're probably an Arturia employee or fanboy). ....
Lol you're so easily triggered it's gone right over your head that the person you're accusing of being a closet employee or fanboy was criticising Arturia in his post. That's the funniest thing i'll read today.

Actually I'm not triggered at all, just having fun trolling the likes of you and seeing you replying :)) People are so easily played like you it's amazing haha

That said, all my statements above remain true I stand by them.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2020, 12:38:15 pm »
Actually I'm not triggered at all, just having fun trolling the likes of you and seeing you replying :)) People are so easily played like you it's amazing haha
No, you fucked up interpreting someones post and now you're trying to retract.
In fact reading through some of your other posts I'm noticing a trend whereby you think everyone who doesn't agree with you is a closet Arturia employee. And even when they do agree with you, you still think they are. You need to see someone about that.
EDIT: No actually I've decided you're the closet Arturia employee. It's so obvious now I think about it. I watched all the Columbo episides where the murderer was always the first to point the finger at others.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 12:46:49 pm by MajorFubar »

Seismophonic

• Analog Aficionado
  • Forgive me father, for I have synthed.
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2020, 07:27:32 pm »
Seriously, can we move up to the teens at minimum. I literally just spent 20 minutes trying to post something because no matter how many times I hit "Request another image," it was either the same or slightly worse. Every more bothersome is when you click on "Listen to the letters," there's no sound. You try and click on the direct link to hear the sound, and it downloads a PHP file, inserted with binary code, which either means, the forum has been compromised and someone is trying to hack me with some kind of .exe file as a .php extension, or the extension should simply by .wav

Arturia is a French company, no? Seems this faulty "Captcha" method flies in the face of all the EU legal requirements for customers who need reasonable accommodations for needed disability access.

I just sent a direct complaint at: https://www.arturia.com/contact
Westmere Mid 2010/MacPro5,1 (2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon)
MacOS X 10.13.6 (High Sierra) 128GB RAM
Avid HDX x 1 Analog 192 — 16x16

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines