March 28, 2024, 03:55:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 88 no longer detected by Windows 10  (Read 2053 times)

KajelTheSpoon

• Apprentice
Keylab 88 no longer detected by Windows 10
« on: September 16, 2020, 04:26:31 am »
I've been using the Keylab 88 on my main DAW computer for over a year.  It suddenly stooped working.  When I plug it into the computer it's able to get power from USB but Windows 10 won't detect that anything has been plugged in.  In other words, it gets power but does not show up in Device Manager.

There is nothing wrong with the Keylab 88.  I'm able to plug it into different Windows 10 computers using the same USB cable and it is detected and works fine.

I am able to plug other keyboard USB controllers into my main DAW computer using the same USB cable and USB port and also they work fine.
It just will no longer detect the Keylab 88 on this one computer.

At the suggestion of folks from other forums, I've removed and re-added the USB controllers in device manager.  That didn't help. I then took another suggestion and "repaired" windows by doing a re-install-in-place.  That also did not work.

How the heck do I fix this?

KajelTheSpoon

• Apprentice
Re: Keylab 88 no longer detected by Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 06:52:00 pm »
I also tried cleaning the registry.  Seems there was some Arturia "garbage" in there from a previous user or something.  Rebooted after the registry clean and plugged the Keylab 88 back in.  Still nothing.  As far as Windows is concerned the device just does not exist.

It's frustrating and disappointing.  Was hoping to have this working for an online meeting today... but not going to happen. 

I just don't know what else to try, short of removing or wiping the Windows hard drive and starting over, which is at best an entire weekend's worth of work to then re-install everything, which BTW I may or may not be able to do with my Arturia software since I can't log in to the website (though the Software Center works fine and updates my software as it should).

There has to be some other solution here.

KajelTheSpoon

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 06:48:32 pm »
Also tried another windows user account, just in case.  Still no luck.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 07:26:17 pm by KajelTheSpoon »

KajelTheSpoon

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 08:20:59 pm »
Finally was able to get back on the website to request support (ugh... what a pain).

I'll reply back if any solution is offered.

KajelTheSpoon

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 12:54:42 am »
Arturia support had me reset the Keylab 88 and update the firmware from another computer.  Has no issues doing either thing.  It is still not detected by my main workstation.  It's just so weird because it's always worked fine.

The only change I made before it stopped working is I removed a non-working USB 3.0 card from the computer.  Seems to have stopped working after that.  I think I'm just giving up at this point.  I have a feeling wiping the whole computer and starting over from scratch would fix it, but I'm not going to go down that road so the simple solution is just use a different (non-Arturia) controller.  I don't know why it's just the Arturia that can't be detected, but I've wasted to much time on it now.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines