April 26, 2024, 12:24:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: bug of the day - MCC corrupts project state  (Read 742 times)

synthcreep

• Apprentice
bug of the day - MCC corrupts project state
« on: September 15, 2020, 01:42:05 am »
This bug takes a while to demonstrate due to the slow transfer speed of the KSP so apologies for the lengthy demo.

https://youtu.be/cw9CwO5Th-Q

With 1.12.0.1679 of the MCC and KSP firmware 1.3.2 the MCC is corrupting project state during the backup and restore process.

In the video I started with two empty project slots 15 + 16 that had not been saved to since the last KSP factory reset.  Using project 16 I created a single drum pattern plus one pattern for each of the 3 sequencer tracks.  I then saved each track plus the project itself.  After doing so I backed up project 16 to the MCC.  One completed I transferred that project back to project slot 15 on KSP.

This process causes the pattern and scene state to be lost / corrupted.  After restoring a project the KSP treats all 16 pattern and scene slots as if they were previously saved.   In this case zero scenes were defined and only one pattern per track had been actually been created.

It's an annoying bug because it means you have no longer have visual indication of which patterns / scenes are free or how many you have created.   

Note that the stored patterns are not lost, just the state for unused slots.

winddealer

Re: bug of the day - MCC corrupts project state
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 02:23:32 am »
Thanks for the heads up on discovering all these new "undocumented features".  Seems like a trend with the "PRO" Keystep, if you can really call it that.  It's more like a "Rookie".
KSP, KS, KL61 MkII, VCol7, Faderfox EC4, Peak, Tyros4, Reaper

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines