March 29, 2024, 01:06:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: sustain pedal issue  (Read 2493 times)

trogne

• Apprentice
sustain pedal issue
« on: September 13, 2020, 12:13:39 am »
Using OB-Xa, when I release the sustain pedal while notes are pressed, some or all notes stop sounding.

It happens for notes pressed while sustain is on.

Is this a known bug ?

LBH

Re: sustain pedal issue
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 01:33:28 am »
I mention the OB-Xa  reply #5 in this thread: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=101768.msg173093#new
Some other applications have voice stealing issues, when using the sustain pedal.

It's clear you can't have more voices playing that the set number. But if notes a held by key press and not just the sustain pedal, then i don't think those voices should be stolen, unless perhaps if the set number of voices all where held by keypress, and then an option to let no voice play or to steal a keypressed voice could perhaps be added.
Some applications does'nt have that problem. And i think the issue/ behavior is related to the used playmode.
The voice stealing issue is only present when using sustain pedal - if i recall correct.

I can suggest you contact Arturia support about this issue.

trogne

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 03:59:03 pm »
Thanks.
So I can change the "mode" to try to fix this ?
Where do I change "mode" ? And the "set number" ?

But applications, do you mean like Ableton ?
So it's possible that it works using the  standalone VST ?

In the other thread :
"I think this is working in version 2.1.1.3815 when in Reassign mode. But something odd is happening when in Rotate mode sometimes. Just play piano style and you should sometimes exsperience, what i mean."

It says "Reassign" and "Rotate" mode. Where are they ?

"I unfortunately. exsperience the same issue in OB-Xa. Perhaps more applications need a check."

He talks about they Arturia "applications" ?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 04:04:06 pm by trogne »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 04:37:53 pm »
In the other thread :
"I think this is working in version 2.1.1.3815 when in Reassign mode. But something odd is happening when in Rotate mode sometimes. Just play piano style and you should sometimes exsperience, what i mean."

It says "Reassign" and "Rotate" mode. Where are they ?

"I unfortunately. exsperience the same issue in OB-Xa. Perhaps more applications need a check."

He talks about they Arturia "applications" ?
It's  me in the other thread in the Pigments forum.  Pigments is also a Arturia application.

OB-Xa unfortunately only have one playmode. You can set more voices to make it more difficult to run out of voices. That may also require more CPU power.
The number of voices you set, will allways be the limit of voices you can have playing at a time. After that voices either have to be stolen from playing voices or voices will not be added. The coded rules for voice priority and voice stealing will determine the behavior. But the fact is, that the behavior is another when you use the Sustain pedal, and i will say, that is wrong.

As said, then i can suggest you contact Arturia support about this.

trogne

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 03:54:28 am »
Thanks.
So it's an Arturia VST limitation. The same happens with the great IK Multimedia B-3X Hammond VST.
So sad that my 2 favorite VSTs today have this limitation.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 04:23:01 pm »
Thanks.
So it's an Arturia VST limitation. The same happens with the great IK Multimedia B-3X Hammond VST.
So sad that my 2 favorite VSTs today have this limitation.
Your welcome.

What Arturia limitation do you mean?
If you mean limited number of voices, then that's normal for any synth - including for hardware synths.
The sustain pedal issue/ behavior is not about the number of voices, but about how the voice stealing/ allocation work when using a sustain pedal in some playmodes - while notes is pressed at the same time.
The issue does'nt apply to all Arturia synths. Do you only have OB-Xa V that's not a part of the current V-Collection?
(Pigments is'nt a V-Collection synth.)

trogne

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 06:47:50 pm »
Do you only have OB-Xa V that's not a part of the current V-Collection?

So "OB-Xa V" is not a part of the current V-Collection ?   Cause it's new ?

LBH

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 12:00:23 am »
Do you only have OB-Xa V that's not a part of the current V-Collection?

So "OB-Xa V" is not a part of the current V-Collection ?   Cause it's new ?
What importance does that have in this context?

I asked you a question, about what you meant. I see no reply from you.

trogne

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 02:07:18 am »
It's because I don't understand the question.

How to know if the VST is from Arturia's "Current V collection" ?   OB-XA V is not ?

LBH

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 01:25:06 pm »
I don't ask any question, that require you know about what's in V-Collection.
OB-Xa is newer than V-Collection 7. I assume it will be in V-Collection 8.

What i would like to know, since you ask such questions, and you have started two threads in the V-Collection forum about is, do you have and own V-Collection, - do you own OB-Xa V?
It's relevant too know, if you use demo versions. In example you can't use user presets in demo versions, and your other thread was about user presets.

And i ask about what you mean, when you talk about Arturia limitations, as i have'nt talked about limitations. In that regard it's also relevant to know, if you actually know about V-Collection.
When you ask about the products in V-Collection, then it look like you don't have the product, and don't know about it.
I must understand, that you don't know, what you meant, when you talked about Arturia limitations.

Please keep in mind, that i'm a user. I'm not from Arturia. This forum is'nt official Arturia support.

trogne

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 06:38:58 pm »
Thank you !
I understand way more.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines