March 28, 2024, 10:37:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Din midi connectors malfuction after firmware upgrade  (Read 1379 times)

TCA

• Apprentice
Din midi connectors malfuction after firmware upgrade
« on: September 11, 2020, 09:07:08 am »
Dear all,

Am currently integrating my MatrixBrute in a HW setup using the DIN connectors as physical midi connection.

However, MatrixBrute doesn't seem to respond to incomming MIDI messages (MatrixBrute set to receive on all channels).

MIDI thru works just fine: if I daisy chain a second synth, midi messages arrive there correctly.

If I hook up MatrixBrute via USB, 2 midi instances appear in Ableton. Midi can be sent & received over the first midi device. However, over MatrixBrute (port 2) no MIDI messages can be sent, nor received. I believe I read somewhere on the forum that this second port is linked somehow to the DIN midi connectors (can't find back the exact thread).

I believe this behaviour must have started after V2 firmware upgrade, as I had MatrixBrute working in a similar setup when I initially bought it (prior to V2 firmware).

Has anybody faced the same problems?  Is a certain setting required to activate DIN midi ports with firmware V2?

Any input / feedback is highly appreciated.

Lunatic Sound

Re: Din midi connectors malfuction after firmware upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 09:06:19 pm »
Have you checked the settings in the MCC?

Are you sending notes or just triggering the sequencer/arp? Because there is a bug requiring you to send a Midi start message to start those once.

TCA

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 02:30:33 pm »
Hello Lunatic Sound,

Thanks for checking in.

Thanks for pointing out the sequencer topic. Had this one engaged indeed.
Turning the sequencer off solved the problem ... at least for some of the midi interfaces I tried out.

Good news is, I can start working! So big thanks for the support.

TCA

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 02:38:30 pm »
FYI,

The behaviour I noticed with some of the midi interfaces was that notes were held (as if key hold button was engaged) or only every other note was played.
When  crosschecking the different midi interfaces with different synths I found that my DSI Rev2 displayed the same behaviour.
However, my 2 Nord devices (Stage 2 & Lead 2) functionned correctly with all midi interfaces!

If there is any further interest in the subject, I can try to record the midi output of the different midi interfaces and compare them to one another.
Maybe, this way we can find out which messages exactly trigger this specific behaviour.

Gr. T.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines