March 29, 2024, 01:50:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: bug of the day - impossible transpose  (Read 838 times)

synthcreep

• Apprentice
bug of the day - impossible transpose
« on: September 04, 2020, 02:35:16 am »
Another day, another bug. 

https://youtu.be/peGUt2QbbR4

With 1.3.1 the KSP may sporadically transpose an existing pattern out of the range supported by the physical keyboard. 

I am fairly confident this is a bug but if anyone can find a way to reliably make this happen that makes sense from a functional point of view, please comment.

Cheers

bdrank

• Apprentice
Re: bug of the day - impossible transpose
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 11:34:13 pm »
Was this maybe caused by using the randomize notes feature?

I tried to recreate your issue on 1.3.2 by putting in a lowest C note on step 1, then transposing it -36 semitones, but it still only shows as the lowest C note (not the little < arrow).

I think i've had this issue before by using randomize notes, which by the way would be excellent if you could actually select a desired range. i.e. Randomize between C3 to C5

Since the current range is always 100%, it's way too drastic, as melodies or basslines or leads usually don't range from C1 - C8..

synthcreep

• Apprentice
Re: bug of the day - impossible transpose
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 05:24:57 am »
I have not intentionally used any of the randomization features since late May or early June because they seemed to make the KSP more prone to crash or otherwise misbehave.  So if it was due to that, I did not do it intentionally.

=)

When I use the KSP I tend to jump around a lot between projects, clear projects a lot, etc.  This seemed to happen not that long after I had been doing some transposition (using the transpose button by the mod strip) on  a different project.   It's hard to say for sure though as I did not catch it immediately.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines