March 29, 2024, 11:26:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problems with keystep and Arturia software center  (Read 1925 times)

SF1

• Apprentice
Problems with keystep and Arturia software center
« on: September 03, 2020, 04:01:55 am »
Greetings, I'm trying to get my keystep  to show up in A.S.C but is not happening. I've updated everything that has to do with my arturia software and hardware, and it's saying the system is registered and activated in my Arturia account but when I open up my asc, all of my other products show up except the keystep. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong ? Should I just uninstall and reinstall ? Any advice would be great, thank you

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Problems with keystep and Arturia software center
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 07:30:53 am »
I don't think that the KeyStep will show up in ASC as it is hardware and ASC is for managing your Arturia software.  If you want to manage your KeyStep patterns and update firmware, it is done using Midi Control Centre (MCC).  Installing MCC will also install the Arturia MIDI driver.  When you have installed MCC, connect your KeyStep and run MCC.  The KeyStep will be seen by MCC and if there is new firmware, you will be prompted to install it.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

SF1

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 06:56:35 pm »
Hi an thanks for the info. I didn't even do anything in the MCC as of yet. I thought it was supposed to show only software, but when my essential 49 showed up there I was thinking otherwise, but that's because it's bundled.
I've been trying to sync up the keystep, with analog 4 in standalone mode, but I can never seem to get any arpeggiation/sequencing going, I have the switch set to the right setting on the back of the keystep, as far as using it in studio one 4 pro, I haven't done that yet. I don't think I would have to do anything in the MCC just to get going, but please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks so much...

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 06:25:52 am »
With regards to your KeyStep, you will need set the dipswitches on the back to Internal sync if you are going to use it as a MIDI master with a synth or sound module.
You will also need to set both the KeyStep and the Analog Four to the same MIDI channel.  I don't now how you would go about it on the Analog Four, but for the KeyStep, press and hold shift then select the key  corresponding to the channel you want to run on.
I don't know what you will need to do to your Analog Four to sync its sequencer to your KeyStep, but I do think it shouldn't be too hard and just a matter of reading its manual.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

SF1

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 02:19:31 am »
  Wish I could've gotten to try the steps you mentioned, but couldn't as of yet, I know the keystep is meant for Euroracks and other hardware, but I wonder why it's such a pain to sync up analog lab 4 with it's sequencer and arpegiator, I mean there's so many other ways I can get them with other software and hardware, but from what I've heard is that the keysteps are really good, is that true ? And actually I think i did skim the manual on how to do that, but it didn't seem to mention it for analog lab 4, or other arturia software but I'll have to check again. Thanks man, appreciate it !!!

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 10:52:57 am »
  Wish I could've gotten to try the steps you mentioned, but couldn't as of yet, I know the keystep is meant for Euroracks and other hardware, but I wonder why it's such a pain to sync up analog lab 4 with it's sequencer and arpegiator, I mean there's so many other ways I can get them with other software and hardware, but from what I've heard is that the keysteps are really good, is that true ? And actually I think i did skim the manual on how to do that, but it didn't seem to mention it for analog lab 4, or other arturia software but I'll have to check again. Thanks man, appreciate it !!!

Oh I thought you were trying to run an Elektron Analogue Four, not the Arturia Analogue Lab 4!  I don't really use computers for music, but I do know that you will need to set the KeyStep as your MIDI device input in the software somewhere, usually a drop down menu.  There should also be somewhere to set the MIDI channel in the software.

If you are having troubles with getting Analogue Lab to see the KeyStep still, maybe try posting on that board?  I know heaps about hardware, but am a little clueless when it comes to virtual instruments!

SF1

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 12:56:55 am »
God man, I'm just seeing your reply now, haven't had any time for music in the last couple of weeks. You mean I've posted my question in elektron 4 thread ? 🤔 what is wrong with me ? LOL 😂 no wonder your the only one who replied. Arturia Support had sent me an email on what to do, if I can't get it to work I'll repost it in the analog lab 4 thread, and I'll definitely keep you in mind when it comes to hardware. Actually I'm pretty new to plugins myself, and really an old school hardware guy at heart, just trying to incorporate both and trying to learn new things. Thanks for all of your help man 👍

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines