April 25, 2024, 03:33:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Note ON and Note OFF reversed  (Read 1565 times)

leschoice

Note ON and Note OFF reversed
« on: September 02, 2020, 11:03:42 pm »
Just got a new KeyStep Pro.  When I press a key it sends a note off.  When I release a key it sends a note on.  Did a factory reset... no joy.  I'm using the usb connection to connect to Cubase.  Both the Cubase midi monitor and the MIDI Control Center Midi console show the same issue.  I'm running the latest firmware. Any ideas.

TimDarbyshire

• Apprentice
Re: Note ON and Note OFF reversed
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 05:42:33 pm »
I have exactly the same issue, using Logic and Ableton.
Firmware 1.3.2 and a factory reset. I have raised a tech support request

TimDarbyshire

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 12:50:59 am »
Rebooting the KSP resolved this for me - for now.......

valveless

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 11:30:02 am »
I've updated to the latest firmware this week and I'm having the same issue. Note Off message when I press a key, Note On when I release. This is affecting the ability to play polyphonically, and also means pitches are shifted back.

I've emailed support too. Will post back if we're able to solve it together.

koenig_h

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 08:32:37 am »
same issue here,latest firmware installed... to resolve this I need to power cycle KSP, then it works again...
I hope this gets resolved soon :(

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 02:52:00 pm »
Hello guys.

We investigating on this issue since months.
Since it is very sporadic, we have great difficulties to reproduce it, which makes it very difficult to fix the issue, and validate if the issue is fixed or not when trying to do so.
We currently have a version that might solve the issue but we need a larger test coverage to make sure it works.

Beforehand I had this issue something like once a week. (which is not convenient to observe what happens, isolate what could cause the issue, etc...)
Now, it has been two weeks since I installed the latest beta version, and I never faced the issue again so far.
But I can't be 100% sure that it is resolved due to the very sporadic aspect of this error.

To all the people who are able to reproduce this issue, if you want to try the latest beta, you can reach the support, Léo will provide you the beta version.
Some feedback on this can really help us verify the fix and move forward, as this is main bug that prevents us to release the current beta.
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused by this problem.

Take care and stay safe

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

spnc

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 03:15:09 pm »
Hello guys.

We investigating on this issue since months.
Since it is very sporadic, we have great difficulties to reproduce it, which makes it very difficult to fix the issue, and validate if the issue is fixed or not when trying to do so.
We currently have a version that might solve the issue but we need a larger test coverage to make sure it works.

Beforehand I had this issue something like once a week. (which is not convenient to observe what happens, isolate what could cause the issue, etc...)
Now, it has been two weeks since I installed the latest beta version, and I never faced the issue again so far.
But I can't be 100% sure that it is resolved due to the very sporadic aspect of this error.

To all the people who are able to reproduce this issue, if you want to try the latest beta, you can reach the support, Léo will provide you the beta version.
Some feedback on this can really help us verify the fix and move forward, as this is main bug that prevents us to release the current beta.
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused by this problem.

Take care and stay safe

Edouard

Thanks Edouard, appreciate. Any time frame for the next firmware update release?

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 04:15:37 pm »
Hello.
Well as soon as we can confirm that this bug is fixed we should be able to move forward.
- If any of you want to receive the beta firmware: Please reach the support.
- If any of you want to join the beta program, please send me a PM.
Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines