March 29, 2024, 05:29:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Chameleon bass patch  (Read 2756 times)

HDJK

Chameleon bass patch
« on: September 02, 2020, 11:31:51 am »
Hi all

I've ben tweaking the Funk patch to get closer to Herbie's sound, but admittedly my synth knowledge is still very limited. Has anyone managed to get the Chameleon bass sound with the ARP2600 V3?

Thanks in advance!

LBH

Re: Chameleon bass patch
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 06:24:05 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Which Funk preset do you mean? In which Bank is that to be found? Even if it perhaps is possible, then it can be very hard to get the excact same sound. What's the result you don't think is good, when you edit that sound?

Do you look for the sound from the original studio recording?
I don't see ARP 2600 on the instrument list for the original recording, when i search information on the internet.
I think the original Bass sound was made on ARP Odyssey.

I don't have the sound. But i post a preset, that i've done in ARP 2600, when i saw your post. In many ways it's quite close to the original studio recording sound i think.
I also post a sligtly edited factory preset for Arturias SEM filter, that can add more color to the preset to get even closer to the original sound. Other things like EQ and other effects could also help to get the last bit. The original also went thru a signal chain and was colored even from the used mixer.

HDJK

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 11:34:18 pm »
Hi LBH

Sorry, I didn't receive a notification, so I didn't realize you posted a reply!

Anyway, you're right, it was said to be an ARP Odyssey. And your preset sounds great! Much closer to what I was getting. I don't remember the preset I used as a base for tweaking (not in the studio right now), but it doesn't matter, yours is much better  :)

Got to try the SEM preset once back in the studio.

Thank you!!!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 04:46:13 pm »
Great. Your welcome.

According to this http://www.vintagesynth.com/arp/odyssey.php - ARP Odyssey from that period had a 12db Low Pass filter similar to the Low Pass filter used in SEM. That might be a useful information, when trying to recreate the sound on different synths.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines