April 26, 2024, 09:42:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Tap Tempo Flashing Speed  (Read 1192 times)

qdox

• Apprentice
Tap Tempo Flashing Speed
« on: September 02, 2020, 01:45:05 am »
Just got my KSP set up and tried to update my firmware. I noticed immediately that the tap tempo now flashes at something like double the previous speed which is seriously difficult to look at. Did I get a faulty unit or is this just how they all are?

If I revert to FW 1.1.3.456 it goes back to how it originally was, but if I upgrade to any other FW version this happens consistently

Andrew Henderson

Re: Tap Tempo Flashing Speed
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 09:28:17 am »
Have you verified that the actual metronome settings are the same between both firmware's? Perhaps the rate, or time division is different?

qdox

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 05:05:30 pm »
Yes I've definitely messed around with the tempo settings to verify this was the case. I also noticed this on a few videos of the KSP I've seen around, I imagine it's in few of them because a lot of people don't update their firmware.

I imagine it's not just mine, wonder if anyone could test it out like I have. It's nothing huge but it's definitely annoying under low light conditions.

noise_vector

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 11:01:06 am »
With mine it was the other way around. Pre 1.3.1 it was fast (1/16). With 1.3.1 it's 1/4.

qdox

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 08:20:22 am »
Just an update to this: Firmware 1.3.2 doesn't resolve this issue. Also, I noticed that with the Metronome on, it also beeps at the "flashing" speed not the actual displayed tempo speed, which makes it much tougher to use the Metronome. It's running at 4x the intended speed, I'm sure

qdox

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 08:28:34 am »
5 minutes after posting I have realized the issue: there's a metronome Time Division setting in the MCC and I guess at some point the default value had changed between FW versions

Maybe consider resetting this to 1/4 instead of 1/16 Arturia

I'd say this is resolved, I feel silly

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 01:01:45 pm »
5 minutes after posting I have realized the issue: there's a metronome Time Division setting in the MCC and I guess at some point the default value had changed between FW versions

Maybe consider resetting this to 1/4 instead of 1/16 Arturia

I'd say this is resolved, I feel silly

Haha, that is exactly what I mentioned above, when I asked if you verified the metronome settings. I should have been more concise. Either way, it is nice to know it is fixed and working for you, now.

qdox

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 05:20:10 am »
Ha yes, I wasn't aware of the tap tempo flash being tied to the metronome until I made it audible. Thanks again, makes much more sense with that context, never even considered the possibility of having different time divisions on the metronome beyond 1/4.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 05:23:53 am by qdox »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines