March 29, 2024, 11:34:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Weird Issues with Keylab Essential 49 - Keybed Not Working/Random Notes  (Read 3251 times)

Bizzlefluff

Hey everyone,

I just received an Arturia Keylab Essential 49 yesterday and it's having some strange issues. When in Studio One, all controls work besides the keyboard and seemingly the drum pads. When I first hooked it up, everything worked, but I closed S1 and did other stuff for about three hours. When I came back this started. I've done some troubleshooting which I guess I'll just list below:

Currently set to Mackie Control with inputs and outputs set to MIDIIN and MIDIOUT, but I've tried using combinations of Keylab Essential 49 and labeling it as a new keyboard (without the Mackie preset). Nothing's made a difference.

Switched USB ports. Nothing.

Plugged in my old Akai MPK Mini controller and it works as it should, which tells me it's not an issue with S1? I switched back to Keylab and changed the input in the same S1 session and it still wasn't working. Switched back to MPK and it was working again. Also tried restarting S1.

Checked for drivers and it appears they're all up to date (although nothing was installed - if anyone knows of a direct link to Alturia's drivers that'd be appreciated).

Downloaded Alturia's Analog Lab 4, and this is where it gets interesting: keys worked in Analog Lab 4, but with two or three different keys, pressing that key will also trigger another key about three octaves down (and not the same note). It's the same key every time.

So, I don't think the issue's with Studio One, but the fact that it works with Keylab also tells me it's not a hardware issue (although maybe partially because of the random secondary notes?). I've done research and a lot of people have mentioned the keybed wires getting disconnected entirely, but I don't think that's the case here. I can't seem to find any info on this specific issue. Is there a simple setting or something I'm not doing/checking? Anyone got any ideas?

Bizzlefluff

Re: Weird Issues with Keylab Essential 49 - Keybed Not Working/Random Notes
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 06:46:17 pm »
Figured it out! Very simple solution for anyone else with this problem (although the answer is everywhere on the internet - I just overlooked it for some reason): with Studio One, you need to add TWO MIDI instruments - one is Mackie Control, with inputs set to MIDIIN and MIDIOUT - the other is a new keyboard, with inputs set to Arturia Keylab 49. The keyboard handles the keybed itself (and maybe pads?) while the Mackie Control handles everything else (faders, transport controls, etc.).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines