April 19, 2024, 04:22:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to select midi in channels for KSP in Cubase 8  (Read 1469 times)

marcel-x

• Apprentice
How to select midi in channels for KSP in Cubase 8
« on: August 18, 2020, 11:48:19 am »
I asked this also on the Cubase forum, but maybe someone here might know how to fix this as well.

I’m trying to setup my KSP with Cubase Artist 8.0.40.
The setup in Cubasis 3.1.1 for iOS was plain easy, but I can not find a way to select a MIDI in channel for the KSP in Cubase.
I checked the MIDI device manager and did add 4 KSP with cannels 1, 2, 3 & 10 as shown in the manual.

I bet I am overlooking a setting.

See picture with comparing the routing inspectors.

Andrew Henderson

Re: How to select midi in channels for KSP in Cubase 8
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 03:04:03 pm »
That little number 1, found underneath the SynthMaster One is the midi channel.  Click that and it will bring up a drop down box, where you can select a different channel.

I hope this is what you meant!  Sorry if not!

marcel-x

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 03:24:00 pm »
Nice guess Andrew! But that number is for midi OUT.
I’m looking for a way to set the midi IN channel, which should logically be situated under KeyStep Pro MIDI IN.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 04:20:59 pm »
Hi , im not sure if your version of cubase has ability to use the midi transformation  but take a look at my video i made for the BSp https://youtu.be/OHODr7AKdic

Hope this helps
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 06:41:18 pm »
Nice guess Andrew! But that number is for midi OUT.
I’m looking for a way to set the midi IN channel, which should logically be situated under KeyStep Pro MIDI IN.

Right you are!  You know, I was even questioning my response myself, before I sent it.  I was actually thinking about the input transformer, like mentioned by TerryM and was thinking perhaps the artist version of Cubase didn't contain this, but I didn't want to risk making things more difficult by saying that, so was hoping it was just something as easy as what I mentioned above, but I was wrong (right?) in the end.

I really hope the artist version does contain the input transformer, or I am not sure how you would be able to work reliably with any of the Arturia controllers, as it is pretty much a must to filter out those channels, to avoid mayhem across your project, by things get triggered, that shouldn't be. 

marcel-x

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 10:57:26 pm »
Thanks Terry, that did solve my problem!

Unfortunately it is not intuitive at all. I bet I have to search for this solution again after a couple of months.  :'(

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 10:12:36 pm »
Maybe save a Ksp template in cubase  :)
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines