April 18, 2024, 07:17:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Aftertouch sensitivity issue  (Read 2236 times)

tejay21

Aftertouch sensitivity issue
« on: August 27, 2020, 08:42:16 am »
does anyone feeling need much harder to press to hit the max value of aftertouch around keys F3 to G4?

Andrew Henderson

Re: Aftertouch sensitivity issue
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 03:24:42 pm »
I find it much harder across the entire keyboard, compared to my older, Novation.  It would be really nice if there was an option in the utility menu, to adjust the sensitivity of the aftertouch, outside of the curve value.  While at it, we really need a way to set static velocity values of our choosing, from 0-127.

jeffrij85

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 02:20:14 am »
I also have the same issue, some keys don't even seem to have aftertouch. If I apply the same amount of pressure, the aftertouch effect is not the same.

Have either of you above gotten an fix?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 01:18:08 am by jeffrij85 »

jeffrij85

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 12:42:33 am »
After emailing Arturia support, recording audio, midi data, and demonstrating the differences in key response, this is Arturia's response:

"I understand that the response of the keyboard is not exactly the same on all keys but unfortunately this is also due to the type of keyboard it has. "

What kind of response is this Arturia? You designed something to be purposely bad, and not function consistently??
This is disappointing.

jeffrij85

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022, 07:31:10 pm »
This is the follow up when I asked, "What do you mean by, "...type of keyboard it has." Do you have keyboards with better and more consistent aftertouch signalling?"

Arturia's Response, "To clarify further,  Keybeds on each instrument are different and some have higher sensitivity (better after-touch response) like the ones on the KeyLab 88 MKII for example, but in the KSP range the keybed is the same."

So indeed the keystep pro does have an inferior version of aftertouch compared to other items in Arturia's line. This is disappointing in something branded as a "pro" item, which had Aftertouch specifically highlighted in advertising materials.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 12:36:57 pm »
The KeyLab 88 has weighted hammer-action keys. None of the other controllers do. So the Keylab 88 is going to feel different and respond different to the other keyboards, such as the KSP range, which have synth-action keys. That's what Arturia meant when they said some of their controllers have more premium keybeds. There's a reason why the KeyLab 88 costs close to a grand to buy and the KSP costs about a third of the price.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

jeffrij85

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 01:40:51 pm »
The KeyLab 88 has weighted hammer-action keys. None of the other controllers do. So the Keylab 88 is going to feel different and respond different to the other keyboards, such as the KSP range, which have synth-action keys. That's what Arturia meant when they said some of their controllers have more premium keybeds. There's a reason why the KeyLab 88 costs close to a grand to buy and the KSP costs about a third of the price.

I fully realize the different in action between the two types of keybeds, but I'd expect the aftertouch the be consistent across the KSP keybeds. Even if the entire action is different between between the two models. I'm not begrudging the differences in action just the consistency across the KSP keyed.

lightheart

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2022, 04:56:59 am »
I have the 88mkII and my aftertouch is almost impossible to use. I'm having the same issues. Starting to get the feeling that it's just not going to work ever and I should look for a new controller. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines