April 20, 2024, 01:42:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MCC crashes when attempting to backup project from Keystep Pro  (Read 1214 times)

synthcreep

• Apprentice
I was happy to see a new firmware update for the Keystep Pro today and in preparation, wanted to backup my projects before upgrading the firmware.  Upon starting the MCC I was told about a software update for it which I installed (version 1.11.4.1653) and then rebooted Windows.  After the reboot I restarted the MCC and attempted to "recall" Project 1.  The progress bar made it to about 85% of the way and then the MCC crashed.  This crash is repeatable - here is a video demonstrating the behaviour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnSrmH4p_p4

Ideas?  I have plenty of disk space so that is not the issue. 

synthcreep

• Apprentice
Re: MCC crashes when attempting to backup project from Keystep Pro
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 09:37:34 pm »
To followup, I just tried backing up a different project #2 and it transferred without crashing.  I then tried #1 again and this time it transferred successfully.  I then tried project #3 and the MCC once again crashed.  So the crashes appear to be intermittent / random. 

:( 

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 10:14:10 pm »
Well, looks like I have lost all projects. 

I gave transferring projects another try and was able to back up ("recall") all 16 projects.  I then backed up the global device settings.  Next I updated the firmware to the latest version.  After doing so I reset the device to factory settings and imported my previous global settings.  So far so good I thought. 

I then attempted to restore Project #1 back to the KSP.  This appeared to transfer normally but the project is still in the initial state on the Keystep Pro.  So far all projects I just backed backed up will not restore.

Whether the original backup process failed or the restore process failed I cannot say but appears I have lost all my projects from the Keystep Pro!!!

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 10:25:42 pm »
Some further investigation suggests the issue is that the current version of MCC has issues backing up projects.  Hard to say if it is firmware version dependent or not but none of my firmware v1.2.6 projects were backed up properly.

I had saved a project in June around when the last firmware updated landed and this transfers to the Keystep Pro without issue.  All of the projects I backed up today however result in a blank project when transferred to the KSP.

:( 

spaceagedevice

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 04:55:39 pm »
For each project: IN MCC, have you tried going to Menu>Device>Store To>Working Memory?

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 04:43:25 pm »
Hello.

Sorry to read that.

Would you be able to report this issue to the support?

Please reach them with your OS and its version, MCC version, and steps to reproduce so they can be as helpful as possible.

Best

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 06:24:44 pm »
Would you be able to report this issue to the support?

Already sent exports of the backups to support (#649202). They replied,

I've tried uploading them and regardless of the fw version on either the KSP or the MCC all of them are blank, I'm terribly sorry for this, it seems to be related to a conjunction between MCC revision and fw on the unit, which corrupted the export on your end

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines