April 25, 2024, 12:34:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Skip step while chaining?  (Read 796 times)

DespairBear

• Apprentice
Skip step while chaining?
« on: August 26, 2020, 06:46:52 am »
Hey there,

So I see that there's a skip step capability which allows you to skip particular steps on sequence repeat, but this functionality doesn't seem to work with chaining if you chain a sequence multiple times.  Is this supposed to work or is there a setting for this?  If not is this a potential candidate for a feature request?  Seems like this could be done pretty well by keeping track of how many times the same sequence has been chained

Andrew Henderson

Re: Skip step while chaining?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 02:42:29 pm »
I think this is a great suggestion and although I haven't tried it myself (16 chains isn't nearly enough for me to even bother toying with, seriously), it really should work the way you are suggesting, if it isn't already.

DespairBear

• Apprentice
Re: Skip step while chaining?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 11:37:41 pm »
I think this is a great suggestion and although I haven't tried it myself (16 chains isn't nearly enough for me to even bother toying with, seriously), it really should work the way you are suggesting, if it isn't already.

Do you happen to know if there are any plans to increase this count?  Also can't you have different chains setup per scene?  I'd imagine that you could effectively get "more chains" just by having multiple scenes if this is the case

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines