April 26, 2024, 03:14:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: bug of the day - sticky notes  (Read 1340 times)

synthcreep

• Apprentice
bug of the day - sticky notes
« on: August 25, 2020, 10:31:40 pm »
This bug is a bit hard to describe so I have made a video:

https://youtu.be/TBD172jcgL4

To summarize, periodically but commonly the KSP will decide to make notes "sticky".  When a note becomes sticky, it is only changeable if you hit it first before pressing another note.   When this situation arises, it affects the sequencer regardless of whether it is running or not, whether the "step edit" button is pressed and the step selected or if the step manually pressed and a key pressed.  I believe it affects polyphonic sequences the same way though I normally only create those by accident because the KSP does not remember polyphony mode when you clear a pattern and always defaults to polyphonic.

When I say commonly, this happens pretty much every time I use the KSP but only after a while.  I am thinking it is related to clearing patterns and the KSP not initializing or doing garbage collection properly but who knows. 

Anyone else encountered this?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: bug of the day - sticky notes
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 10:44:07 pm »
Hi 
I took a look at this on the latest firmware i'm testing and i do not see this issue. The FW is coming real soon so please see if it's cleared for you.
I know you said its not there all the time so will keep an eye on this issue.

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 10:52:15 pm »
As a side note, when this bug occurs step recording using the "Record" transport button will no longer progress a step when a note is pressed.   

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 12:04:20 am »
This just happened with 1.3.1.  I think the issue is due to multiple notes ending up on a step despite the track being set to monophonic mode. 

I cleared a pattern, realtime recorded a phrase and noticed that 2 of the notes were playing back at a different pitch than what I recorded them at.  Those notes were "stuck" and would not accept the new note.  It occurred to me to change the track to polyphonic mode and I could clearly see that there were two notes on the same step, one I recorded and one I did not.

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 09:17:42 pm »
Been playing a bunch this morning and this issue is still happening regularly though I have not been able to predictably cause it.  I think it might be related to changing the bar length as it usually starts to appear after I have used shift + bar or last step + bar.

I started with a fresh project, set the drum track to monophonic (so all drum voices have the same length bar) and the other 3 sequencer tracks to monophonic.  On track 4 I created a 1 bar pattern, recorded some notes.  I set up the other tracks with some phrases and then went back to track 4 and extended it to 4 bars.  Initially I just changed the length but then I shortened it and used shift+bar to copy and extend it.  I then tried to step edit alternate set of notes on the 4th bar of track bar.  The "sticky note" behaviour suddenly appeared.

As a test I switched to a different project and intentionally recorded multiple notes on a step in polyphonic mode and then switched the sequence to mono and tried changing the note.  The sticky note behaviour did not occur when I did this.  I then switched back to the original project and the sticky note behaviour on track 4 was no longer happening. 

Anyone else using monophonic mode for tracks and encountering issues?  It definitely seems borked.

winddealer

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 02:28:47 am »
Wow, with all these new "discoveries" your YouTube Visit counts are sure to increase.  Thanks for the auditing.
KSP, KS, KL61 MkII, VCol7, Faderfox EC4, Peak, Tyros4, Reaper

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines