April 20, 2024, 01:18:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Random playback mode  (Read 1596 times)

opoloko

• Apprentice
Random playback mode
« on: August 25, 2020, 01:58:40 am »
I'm surprised there's no Random playback mode. That together with the other randomness options would open a whole lot new world of generative music.

Most sequencers have a Random playback mode, could be an option so that 'Alternate' can trigger either the actual alternate, or a full random mode.

mrhooks

• Apprentice
Re: Random playback mode
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 06:06:20 pm »
This is exactly what I was looking for as well.  Also, tying random playback direction to all the other randomness makes it less useful.  I occasionally like having 100% random note order/direction for some things in my patches, but I would almost never want to have 100% velocity or gate time randomness/probability with it.  Separating the randomness of playback direction from the other things and/or having separate randomness/probability settings (in MIDI Control Center?) for the different parameters would be very helpful.

Also, the drum sequencer isn't only used for drums.  Having random order for the drum sequencer (again, as a playback mode, separate from the other randomness) would make the drum sequencer more powerful as event triggers.

(I don't own a BSP (this is one of the things keeping me from buying one); forgive me if I have anything wrong.)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 06:15:27 pm by mrhooks »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines