March 29, 2024, 01:03:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP not being recognised via USB (multiple cables/devices/combinations tried)  (Read 724 times)

opoloko

• Apprentice
Hi all

as stated in subject, my BSP is not recognised by my MacOS Mojave or by my iPad Pro (both perfectly working with a pletora of other midi controllers from NI to the OP1!).

I tried using the original cable (with and without y splitter), three other different cables (with and without y splitter), three different USB hubs included the one directly connected to one of the USB-C ports available on my Macbook, nothing.

BSP powers up and works, midi out via midi cables works, but is never recognised via USB (not as midi compliant device, or as USB device in general in System Report or in Midi Control Center). I've also tried a factory reset, nothing.

As I've seen many other reports like this and people suggesting to open the machine and solder directly the cable to the PCB (!), I was wondering if Arturia has an official position on this, and what it is, because definitely this problem should have more visibility...if I saw all the posts with similar problems, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place as it seems very buggy and QC not so good (and USB connector not so reliable).

Any suggestion?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines