March 28, 2024, 09:36:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Transfer projects in MCC to another computer  (Read 1233 times)

webhead311

• Apprentice
Transfer projects in MCC to another computer
« on: August 21, 2020, 07:13:06 am »
I know you can export projects into MCC but i was wondering if there is a way to transfer those projects from MCC to another laptop. I don't like the idea of just having the projects on one laptop, id feel more comfortable if they were also saved on the cloud somewhere.

Also, is there an easy way to clear all the projects using the MCC? I feel like the app is lacking in a few basic functionality...

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Transfer projects in MCC to another computer
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 08:17:57 am »
You can import any .beatsteppro file on any computer to your BSP using MCC.  If you want to clear an entire project using MCC, create a new project and drag that to the project in Device Projects you want to clear on your BSP, same way you would save a project you want to load to your BSP.

edit: corrected some errors I missed in the first proofread
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 06:22:29 am by megamarkd »
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

webhead311

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 05:14:10 pm »
You can import any .beatsteppro file on any computer to your BSP using MCC.  If you want to clear an entire project using MCC, create a new project and drag that to Device Projects you want to clear on your BSP same way you would a save project you want to load to your BSP.

Ahh ok i see that you can export as a .beatsteppro file. Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 05:30:23 pm by webhead311 »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 06:50:37 am »
Yes, I found it useful to export my projects to a portable drive in the past to avoid losing them when unforeseen disasters happen to a computer.  The good ol' back-up, back-up, back-up ethic is not just for computer data.  My advice on that front would be to use another place as well as 'cloud' storage.  You never know when a company will decide to end their storage service (or end up being ransomwared without any backup of their own; I'm looking at you, garmin!).  And then another again just in case the second spot is somehow compromised (and I know people who even say a forth!).
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines