March 28, 2024, 10:04:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab Essential 61 and Reaper  (Read 7876 times)

alebig69

Keylab Essential 61 and Reaper
« on: July 04, 2020, 03:03:43 pm »
Hi.
I'm a newbie in digital music.
I bought a Keylab Essential 61 and I use Reaper as DAW and Analog Lab4 as VST.
It works fine with sounds and keyboard, but all knobs and sliders seem not to work properly: knobs do nothing and all sliders act as the pitch wheel.
I think it may be something related to midi settings, but I need help.
Thank you

LBH

Re: Keylab Essential 61 and Reaper
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 10:13:06 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

If this happens, when you try to control the DAW functions, then perhaps you have'nt set the controller up as a device in Reaper like you can read here: https://www.arturia.com/faq/keylabessential/keylab-essential-tips-tricks

I'm not using Reaper, but i think this can be a setup issue. I don't have a Arturia controller either.

armandonux

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 06:22:08 am »
I was having the same issue but I finally figured it out. I also have an Essential 61 and Reaper , running on a windows 10 machine.

First go to Arturia Midi Control center and click on device settings, then on " Daw Fader Mode" , choose " Jump" .

Then in the Reaper Preferences menu, open " Control surfaces /osc/web"
Make sure control surface mode is set to Mackie Control Universal,  Midi Input: MIDIIN2, Midi Output: Midiout2, and especially make sure the box that says " ignore Fader moves when fader is not being touched"  is NOT checked.

I had that last one set incorrectly as well as the wrong daw fader mode in midi control center. As soon as I changed those, Now i have working faders in Reaper 6.12

Patrick MZ

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 02:14:05 pm »
Thanks Armandonux, I had a crash of my Windows 10 machine and unfortunately did not keep track of the tweaks to make the Keylab essential work with reaper. Almost was going to throw the device by the window for other bugs and weird behavior (has anyone managed to control the Analog Labs VST plugin with the Keylab interface in Reaper 6? Or having MIDI control center to start in less than 2 minutes? >:().

Your configuration tips work well, thanks!

Pat
Pat

armandonux

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 05:15:55 pm »
Hi,
Im really no expert. i've only been using this for about two months but im a total noob when it comes to Midi.

So far mi essential 61 seems to work for controlling analog lab within Reaper using the factory Analog lab map ( preset 1 on the keyboard)

in Midi devices i just have Midi input set to Arturia Keylab essential 61  - mode : Enabled + Control.  Double clicking on it I see i have " Enable input from this device" and "Enable input for control messages" enabled.

For Midi outputs i dont have anything selected. I dont know how those work.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines