March 28, 2024, 05:13:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Recording track in pro tools from Song mode or sequencer  (Read 1466 times)

jholla

Recording track in pro tools from Song mode or sequencer
« on: August 31, 2020, 11:54:57 pm »
Hi guys, new user of spark 2 and sparkLE here and I love the software. However, I'm having major issues recording tracks with Spark as a plugin in Pro Tools. From what I've seen online I'm not alone in this. Admittedly I'm not very savvy in MIDI when it comes to recording but am trying to learn.

I'm curious what the best way I could record a track in pro tools while using song mode in spark to create a beat? I realize the grab and drop function only works in sequencer mode, but is there a way to arm a track in pro tools while playing the beat in song mode? 

any help in how to do this or the best way to set up things in pro tools to actually be able to record with this software would be greatly appreciated.

LBH

Re: Recording track in pro tools from Song mode or sequencer
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 08:00:10 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

If i understand you correct, then you can do this:
1. In Spark PREFS tab check "Send Midi from Sequencer", so it show "Yes".
2. Activate SONG (mode) in Spark SONG tab. I understand you have made a Song there.
3. Set your track in your DAW to recieve Midi input from Spark and arm the track. I can't tell you more about this, as i don't use Pro Tools.

Now when you hit record the Song will play, and the Midi notes should be recorded in your DAW. Then just remember, that you shall use an empty pattern in Spark from there, if you still use Spark as a sound module for the recorded midi notes.

I can suggest, that you look at the possiblities you have in Spark Prefs tab, for doing different things.
And i can suggest you look in the Spark manual. It's not the best, but can be helpful for some things.

Hope this helps.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines