April 25, 2024, 06:57:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problem midi when turning on the sequencer  (Read 1094 times)

vantuzilla

• Apprentice
Problem midi when turning on the sequencer
« on: August 15, 2020, 06:15:24 pm »
I have keystep black edition
latest firmware version,
reset to factory settings did

There is the following problem, when connecting via a midi cable with a novation mininova synthesizer and turning on the keystep at the start of the sequencer, the save icon lights up on the mininova, which interferes with sound switching

When you connect to the Korg monologue by pressing the keystep to start or recording, the noise mode will turn on during the monologue

there is also a problem on korg minilogue xd, when you click on the keystep to record, the sound on the minilogue changes, only sound switching helps

Is it some kind of problem with the key-step, or have I configured something wrong?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 11:33:59 am by vantuzilla »

vantuzilla

• Apprentice
Re: Problem midi when turning on the sequencer
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 01:27:53 pm »
I figured it out by changing the CC number parameters (start, stop, record) in the midi control center setting, it was 50, set 127
That helped

Explain what these numbers mean?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Problem midi when turning on the sequencer
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 04:43:14 am »
I figured it out by changing the CC number parameters (start, stop, record) in the midi control center setting, it was 50, set 127
That helped

Explain what these numbers mean?

CC's are "Continuous Controllers".  They are MIDI data that are used by instrument to control parameters remotely in a continuous fashion.  Each CC is for a different parameter.  There is a standard list of what each CC number addresses, but it's not adhered to really.  Exactly what is sent is determined by the instrument manufacturer, but there are certain CC's that are (normally) assigned the same function on all instruments.  Here is a link to the Standard assignments, but remember they probably don't all match your synth.  https://anotherproducer.com/online-tools-for-musicians/midi-cc-list/

Most instruments will have a chart that lists the CC's it will respond to called a "MIDI Implementation Chart".  Do a search for the charts relevant to your instruments.  Korg are really good with that and I can tell you without hesitation that those for the Monologue and Minilogue will be in the downloads section of the synths' support pages on the Korg site.  Novation are not always as neat as Korg but a search will source wherever the list is.

To get the most out of your KSP, I'd suggest doing some reading about using MIDI CCs.  The KSP can sequence them and run in a similar fashion to Korg's motions sequence animation parameters on your instruments.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines