April 19, 2024, 03:05:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using Midi Control Center to configure Essentials 61  (Read 1959 times)

stagelab

• Apprentice
Using Midi Control Center to configure Essentials 61
« on: August 14, 2020, 08:42:18 pm »
Any good videos on how to use the Midi Control Center to configure the Essentials 61? I found on Arturia's site but it's lousy.

I'm new to midi so more novice and intermediate stuff would be ideal.

Like, how do I program the pads on the controller to play percussion while using the keys for a lead synth or piano?

How do I use different midi channels so I can perform live and record different sounds on the pads vs the keys, and how do I split the keys between two software instruments?

How do I layer Analog Lab sounds? I watched some videos showing this but they weren't very clear to me.

More advanced: Eventually I'd like to know how to record a group of tracks in Logic and then program a pad on my controller so when I press the pad, it starts the entire group of tracks I pre-recorded. How do I go about this? I could see making some ambient tracks and grouping them together so I can trigger them live with a single pad.

I know the sky's the limit with the Midi Control Center, so if you have more advanced stuff to share, that would be good for down the road once I get my bearings.

I'm a bass player of over 20 years so I can offer bass tips in exchange.

LBH

Re: Using Midi Control Center to configure Essentials 61
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 05:06:21 pm »
How much have you looked for answers to your questions in the manuals?

Some of your questions also involve how to use whatever DAW you are using. Like this:
Like, how do I program the pads on the controller to play percussion while using the keys for a lead synth or piano?

How do I use different midi channels so I can perform live and record different sounds on the pads vs the keys, and how do I split the keys between two software instruments?
It's all about setting the midi channels you wan't both on your DAW and your controller. I think the controller allready by default is set to use midi channel 10 on the pads, and user channel on the keys. I'm not sure, as i don't have the controller. But read the controller manual about setting midi channels.
The rest is about how your host/ DAW work. I don't use Logic.

More advanced: Eventually I'd like to know how to record a group of tracks in Logic and then program a pad on my controller so when I press the pad, it starts the entire group of tracks I pre-recorded. How do I go about this? I could see making some ambient tracks and grouping them together so I can trigger them live with a single pad.
You can use the transport bar to start the DAW, if you have set up your controller to control your DAW like you can read here: https://www.arturia.com/faq/keylabessential/keylab-essential-tips-tricks
The rest is about the possiblilities your DAW have. I can't tell what's possible in Logic. I suggest you ask in Apple forum and Apple support.

In generel i also suggest you look in the manuals.

You need patience and some studying. That's normal.
There are coarses on the internet for Logic i think.

If you have individual questions about Arturias products anyway, then feel free to ask in this forum and Arturia support if needed.

stagelab

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 01:09:33 am »
I'm now in Logic and am learning but struggling to understand the midi channel mapping. Gonna need to hop on a Logic forum for that.

Let me ask this again, though, cause it's Arturia focused. are there any good videos on how to use the Midi Control Center to configure the Essentials 61? I found on Arturia's site but it's lousy.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 12:22:00 pm »
I don't know of any videos.

What is it you need to know about?
In generel when you click on a element on the GUI in Midi Control Center, you'll get a setting menu in the bottom of the application. This menu include midi channel setting.
Also you have some setting  options using your controller.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines