March 28, 2024, 09:49:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Syncing Problems Minibrute 1 - Should I Give up?!  (Read 2883 times)

Syncing Problems Minibrute 1 - Should I Give up?!
« on: August 14, 2020, 05:26:02 am »
I have a microfreak and drumbrute impact, which are amazing, and I am trying to sync with my minibrute. I am using MIDI out from the drumbrute (set to MIDI sync), but my mnibrute is doing unpredictable things. The clock seems to sink, but the arpeggiator is playing notes in other octaves in the Hold mode. I have the octave nob set and mode is up/down. In the On mode it also seems to play the notes I press in random rhythms and sequences. Really strange.

What am I doing wrong? I've seen so many technical issues with these old ones. Should I just sell and upgrade to the minibrute 2?

locosynth

Re: Syncing Problems Minibrute 1 - Should I Give up?!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 05:25:43 pm »
If the drumbrute is master then it’s clock should be set to internal. Make sure in midi control center the midi clocks are set up properly. 24 ppq, din in and out.

With your all Arturia set up it is much easier to use the analog sync ports on all the devices. Connect sync out of drum brute to sync in both the other machines. If you use a trs cable you will get clock and run/stop. With a ts cable you will get clock only.

Also you might try reinstalling or updating the firmware on the MiniBrute, sometimes they glitch out and reinstalling firmware fixes this most of the time.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines